Best time/location to hit the on site showers?

boredawn

I used to use the green peace showers on music days at 4/5pm -(as working & camped in green futures) just had to wait a few moments at most. Maybe sling your showering kit in a nearby lock up before/after and take a chance? They’re lovely but you need your own towel. They only closed in 2019 for a few hours in the morning but believe that’s likely to be a one off. There’s also the sauna I think that has showers & you can buy a weekend pass for - can’t remember exact details

I’ve mostly just washed my hair with a bottle of (usually cold) water in the mornings, as long as my head feels clean I can deal with the lack of a proper shower.  But we’re taking a collapsable bowl this year to do more of a proper wash.  If I can be bothered I might head to Greenpeace showers one day.

On 6/5/2023 at 4:31 PM, ICGenie said:

Along the same lines, do we reckon the hair salon will be there again, and how busy does it get on Wednesday? I just want someone to properly braid my hair so it lasts the whole weekend without needing washing. I know there was the girly salon, am I right there will be some places around Green fields too?

I would get it done Tuesday night, but if I can leave washing it until Wednesday morning that would be better!

There's 2 salons there this year, Blowfest and Blodrybus

• Like 1

I hear you on hair issues. Collapsible bucket crew here. Use a sports cap water bottle to wet and rinse - easier to direct the water right into your roots to get your scalp clean. Then tie a scarf round it so you can totally ignore any anxiety. You might just find yourself not caring who sees what tho. Easier said than done, I know, but no one's judging even in the highly unlikely event they notice. 🤗

I used the Greenpeace showers for the first time last year and they were fab. Get a ticket and they'll give you a rough time your number will come up, but don't worry if you miss it - if you're late you just join a much smaller queue of people who's number has come up and you get in very quickly. Although I'd guess this will only go so far and maybe if you're really late you'll have to start over.

They're communal showers mostly (I think there was one single bit for those who wanted) which I just admit took me by surprise. In the men's anyway. As someone has said they provide shower gel so all you need to bring is a towel, so very convenient all round. 

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'm looking at a hole after Sudan Archives until Dreadzone of about two hours between 3:30-5:30. At that time of day, is it fairly certain to get a ticket, wait, shower, back out into the festival in those two hours?

You might not even need a ticket at that time of day, just waltz straight in.