Questions on arrival & parking

Phillypoo

Hi Newbie here looking for some tips!

I'm intending to camp in the Dairy Ground (as Ive heard its relatively quiet)  and I have a friend who works in the crew who is going to pitch my tent as early as possible when the camping opens on the wednesday. The nearest parking to that seems to be the Orange car park.

Is it possible to guarantee getting in the Orange car park? From what I've seen, once you arrive in the vicinity you get directed to a car park  - but there doesnt seem to be much choice about which one. I'm travelling from London so my plan is to skirt around Glastonbury and come in from the West via the Orange route.  Would that work?

Also as my tent is going to be pitched for me I wasnt intending to arrive in the middle of the night and sleep in the car, but arrive late morning on the wednesday. Will that inevitably mean hours and hours of queuing?

Realise these questions may sound a bit naive for seasoned Glasto' attenders but any tips would be gratefully received 🙂

Phillypoo x

No guarantee of a particular car park other than going in a particular route East or West . If your tent is already pitched then arriving mid day Weds should be ok in terms of queues at gate D but no guarantee either. 

Looking at my photos from last year, we were parked up in Orange by 9.15, at gate D by 10.45, first beer open by midday. So not a bad run at all compared to previous years. I have a vague recollection of going back to the car mid afternoon in the heat (maybe 2ish?) and there was barely any queue by then when I walked past Gate D.

Luck of the draw though, I know I've queued for three hours arriving at that time previously, and I think we got really lucky being directed into Orange - there was a massive queue of people traipsing past us that must have just arrived before but been told to park all the way back in Pink...

12 hours ago, ibilly99 said:

I'm his mate in recycling  - what is the earliest time I can pitch his tent ? I will be on site from Monday.

As the gates open Wednesday morning. No tents are allowed to be erected in the public/general camping fields before then. When we did this we were told tents erected prior to this would be removed.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 8:23 PM, ibilly99 said:

I'm his mate in recycling  - what is the earliest time I can pitch his tent ? I will be on site from Monday.

8am Wednesday morning (eg when gates open ) , there or thereabouts . Any earlier and there are signs saying tents will be removed ..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

8am Wednesday morning (eg when gates open ) , there or thereabouts . Any earlier and there are signs saying tents will be removed ..

Cheers thanks for the info assuming I'm up at that time I will do it ! Going to use the 3 words app to locate it as well.

36 minutes ago, Charliehmiller said:

Got a question on parking, last year I arrived on the east side and drove down the brown road and got directed to purple 11 car park. 

If I drove down the purple route this year would I likely be put in a purple car park or is it still wherever they are directing at that time?

You will be directed by the stewards to where they happen to be filling.