Live at Leeds: In the City 2023

A good samaritan has set up a Clashfinder with all the set times that have been published so far. Would recommend adding a highlights row so you can plot out the day (go to 'customise' then 'stages'). 

Looking forward to seeing the Brudenell lineup - hoping the likes of Fat Dog and Cowboyy are there 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, AtomsForPizza said:

A good samaritan has set up a Clashfinder with all the set times that have been published so far. Would recommend adding a highlights row so you can plot out the day (go to 'customise' then 'stages'). 

Looking forward to seeing the Brudenell lineup - hoping the likes of Fat Dog and Cowboyy are there 

The organisers will usually put up a full clashfinder ahead of the event

5 hours ago, AtomsForPizza said:

Hopefully no bands I want to see at are Brudenell. Great venue, but too far away. Fortunately no bands I want to see are playing Hyde Park 

On 9/30/2023 at 11:02 AM, gblock said:

To those that have been before, would  you recommend getting the VIP add on or is this rarely needed?

I've only been once (last year) and I hardly had to queue to get into any venue. Saying that I only went to the O2 once in the middle of the day, I suspect that can be busier in the evening 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 11:02 AM, gblock said:

To those that have been before, would  you recommend getting the VIP add on or is this rarely needed?

I've not been recently, but never needed VIP in the past. The only venue that used to be hard to get into was the Cockpit, but obvs, that's no longer there. They also post up to date queue info on socials all day, so if there's someone you really want to see, you can judge whether you need to get in early. 

Also, looks like the two biggest stages this year are the two uni venues, no O2, and these are not too far apart for moving between.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info 🤝

Really looking forward to this now, shame it’s only a 1 day event as there’s so many people to see but so little time

Gonna try catch Picture Parlour, Keg, Bug Club, Home Counties, Mary in the Junkyard, tldp, Fat Dog

Any other good suggestions?

9 hours ago, gblock said:

Thanks for the info 🤝

Really looking forward to this now, shame it’s only a 1 day event as there’s so many people to see but so little time

Gonna try catch Picture Parlour, Keg, Bug Club, Home Counties, Mary in the Junkyard, tldp, Fat Dog

Can honestly say, in all the years I did go, including as a photographer when I had to cover a lot of ground, I have never really seen a bad act at Live at Leeds, and usually discovered at least a couple that I wanted to see again. It's a great day out if you like new music, and you can see from the media collaborations Dork, Line of Best Fit, etc) that it is very well respected. If I was going, I'd be checking these for reviews, and then listening to some tracks on Spotify before I make my shortlist.

Also have to say, the 'park' version this summer was brilliant, with the added bonus of a few more established acts that they'd showcased in years past.

I can't make it this year, but would would love to hear back what everyone thinks of the acts they got to see. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, gblock said:

Thanks for the info 🤝

My list:

IMG_0522.png

Its busy with stuff i wanna see from 12-12 so i think its shaping up very nicely indeed

luckily i have seen TLDP at end of the road and they werent my bag so can easily skip them here

i never enjoy the o2 academy so am glad its been binned off. 

that brudenell ending is as perfect as could possibly have been booked for me. Im hyped!

Edited by Memory Man

2 hours ago, AtomsForPizza said:

App and full clashfinder now available. Cousin Tony's Brand New Firebird are playing at Belgrave - they weren't listed when the Belgrave lineup was announced on social media. Special guest is listed as 'Parents Evening' which could be English Teacher 

Sounds a good bet. Plus they have a headline at the Brudenell soon-ish, so would make sense to keep them under the radar

2 minutes ago, gblock said:

Love how whenever festivals make an app they must spend £1000s on a web designer and yet halvin’s clashfinder.com is always infinitely better 

They've not changed the PDF version in over 10 years though 😂