End of the road food - Gluten free/Coeliac

RosieBee7

Due to head to EOTR this year for my tenth year but have recently been diagnosed as a coeliac so cannot have any food that contains gluten or has been contaminated with gluten food items being cooked in the same way. 

Due to pay the balance of my ticket in a few weeks and I'm now nervous about the food situation as it's never something I've had to consider before.

Are there any coeliacs who go to the festival and find the food options ok?

Thanks!

• 9 months later...
On 1/29/2024 at 2:13 PM, Maviso said:

How was the gluten free food situation at End of the Road? I want to go to Womad this year but can't find any info or review on the GF situation at Womad....

EOTR had Budda Bowls, Paellaria, Pies, Fish and Chips, Tibetan Kitchen, Potato stall, Dosa Deli, Hippy Chippy, vegan "chicken".

Loads of choices.

On 4/16/2023 at 8:21 PM, Yoss said:

Just asked someone who was there last year - "it was survivable - not a huge choice but enough to eat safely for a few days."

Mentions for the paella, pie and mash and the curry place. But no gf beer on draft and "crap for breakfast".

This is fair. It depends on how sensitive you are. Apart from rock solid specs like The Hippy Chippy my Mrs struggled. Brekkie a mess so she relied on breakfast bars with her cup of tea. She learned to speak with main person in each vendor and by the end had a couple curry specs and the dosa crew.