Deluxe diner

Mich1268

2 hours ago, doogie said:

I love a good upmarket restaurant, but for me when you're paying £45 for 2 courses, you're paying for the ambiance as much as the food.  And no matter how you dress it up, the Deluxe Diner is a big tent in a muddy field.  It may be a novelty, but it's not an upmarket experience and I wouldn't pay that kind of money for it.  Especially when you're at Glastonbury and there's a million other things to see and do.

That's sort of the point - it is an upmarket experience compared to everything else available and some seem to underestimate the challenge of what they accomplish in the middle of nowhere. Compared to all the alternatives on offer having nice grub and drinks at a table and with cutlery and glasses can feel so welcome and where someone mentioned 2016 - muddy years like that have been the ones I've really appreciated it. The alternative of even a muddy log to sit on and eat a pastie can be hard to come by. 

I've never done it Friday - Sunday, so the myriad of clashes has never really come into it. 

52 minutes ago, clarkete said:

That's sort of the point - it is an upmarket experience compared to everything else available and some seem to underestimate the challenge of what they accomplish in the middle of nowhere. Compared to all the alternatives on offer having nice grub and drinks at a table and with cutlery and glasses can feel so welcome and where someone mentioned 2016 - muddy years like that have been the ones I've really appreciated it. The alternative of even a muddy log to sit on and eat a pastie can be hard to come by. 

I've never done it Friday - Sunday, so the myriad of clashes has never really come into it. 

i agree with what you say ... but .....

53 minutes ago, clarkete said:

some seem to underestimate the challenge of what they accomplish in the middle of nowhere.

perhaps i did, my point was that it felt like something done in challenging circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dillyblue said:

Yes and will try to not break an ankle this year as I did last last year when I just made it to the festival but couldn’t do much and didn’t make it to the Friday evening meal and Sunday lunch!

Yes I remember that!  Hope the physio is going well!