Camping Rules

Rumblestripe

Quick question. Potential first timer at BD.

Reading the rules of the Campervan passes it says "no tents" but awning are allowed. Is this enforced?

Seems an odd distinction. I usually travel with my brother and his partner in a camper van but neither I nor they would fancy me bunking up in the van with them! He has an awning but that would mean that they would have to walk through where I was sleeping for any early trips to the conveniences. I generally kip down in a small two man tent much smaller than any awning. It seems an odd rule.

I've seen tents within the camping and caravan fields before. There have been cars with only a tent in the campervan field by the main gate on several years, which I noticed when queueing to get in thinking of doing the same one year. 

The last two years we have taken a caravan and there have been tents dotted about by us. They seem pretty relaxed, as long as you don't block the fire roads / breaks.

That said I have never asked any of the marshals if one is allowed, but if say you have an awning so they allot you enough space and put the tent up later I doubt anyone will care. It starts out all organised but by Friday morning people are just getting stuffed in anywhere there is space. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/9/2023 at 12:04 PM, Skip997 said:

Quite simply -no

10 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

We've had tents in our lot plus awnings.. Just chat nicely with the boys and girls in yellow.. 

The website says the car parks open at 12 and we normally get there around then, by which time the camper van fields seem packed, and most people are set up. We’re going in a van this year so, what’s the earliest you can rock up and get on site in your experience?

On 2/11/2023 at 9:28 AM, Skelts said:

We’re going in a van this year so, what’s the earliest you can rock up and get on site in your experience?

Always aimed for midday in CV, never been an issue. Last few years in crew and we have to wait til 2pm

50 minutes ago, spg said:

Always aimed for midday in CV, never been an issue. Last few years in crew and we have to wait til 2pm

That’s interesting. Like I said, we’re normally in the car queue at 12 and the campervan fields always look full and people are set up. So I assume they can get in n early?

• 4 months later...