Experiences of Stewarding/Volunteering

Tomos_

Has anyone on the forum got any experience of stewarding/volunteering at EOTR?

For various boring reasons I can't commit to going this early on this year, however may consider going fairly last minute if I'm able. The stewarding or volunteer bar staff gigs look quite good so may consider them. Not sure how quickly they fill up... I seem to remember they were desperately looking for bar staff the week before a couple of years ago! 

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

If you wanted to go as a punter i expect there will be cheap resale tickets available a week before, if you are willing to hold out that long

from a workers perspective it must be one of the best ones to do as everyone seems so friendly!

Yeah and the bar is usually chilled and organised - some festivals I've been to you couldn't pay me a million pounds to work behind. At EOTR your biggest risk is some cask beer head getting mad about the head on their pint of Bumfluff Ecstasy

• Like 2

Stewarding at EOTR is fine.

The organisational side is pretty poor, but that's compensated for by EOTR being so relaxed to start with so they can get away with it. Staff campsite has plenty of facilities - showers etc. They also (assuming this is still a thing this year) give you a certain choice of shift patterns which is both welcome and unusual. Depending on which shift pattern you select you could be working as few as 12 hours total, and I think the most is about 20 so less of a commitment than you'd need at most festivals.

1 hour ago, robith said:

At EOTR your biggest risk is some cask beer head getting mad about the head on their pint of Bumfluff Ecstasy

Tbh I'd rather deal with the children at Reading or the ket heads at Boomtown than that. Those real ale types can get properly cantankerous.

11 hours ago, Tomos_ said:

Has anyone on the forum got any experience of stewarding/volunteering at EOTR?

For various boring reasons I can't commit to going this early on this year, however may consider going fairly last minute if I'm able. The stewarding or volunteer bar staff gigs look quite good so may consider them. Not sure how quickly they fill up... I seem to remember they were desperately looking for bar staff the week before a couple of years ago! 

I have Volunteer for Wicked loads of times not only at Eotr   Feb 14

• 1 year later...