Glastonbury as a dance festival

gfa

Before anyone starts I know this isn't complete, the acts I didn't try and order bar the headliner for each night. Probably missed some acts who are big / put small ones in that I like due to my taste / not knowing big acts. Sorry!

image.thumb.png.6f69800baf8ac5b76ea2c039af717222.png

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, gfa said:

Before anyone starts I know this isn't complete, the acts I didn't try and order bar the headliner for each night. Probably missed some acts who are big / put small ones in that I like due to my taste / not knowing big acts. Sorry!

image.thumb.png.6f69800baf8ac5b76ea2c039af717222.png

I think this would be heavily rearranged once agents get involved. Some acts quite low on this I’d consider top line.

I hope Calvin Harris never visits the farm again. Last year's performance at Arcadia was one of the worst sets I've witnessed.

No excuse as he has almost unlimited time to prepare and almost unlimited resources to deliver something magical, he writes solid tunes, so no idea what happened?

Don't know if he has any personal issues but it wasn't even sub-par, it was dire.

Autoplay on Serato would have been better and I've certainly heard better sets in the local Slug & Lettuce!

1 hour ago, Nice hymer said:

I hope Calvin Harris never visits the farm again. Last year's performance at Arcadia was one of the worst sets I've witnessed.

No excuse as he has almost unlimited time to prepare and almost unlimited resources to deliver something magical, he writes solid tunes, so no idea what happened?

Don't know if he has any personal issues but it wasn't even sub-par, it was dire.

Autoplay on Serato would have been better and I've certainly heard better sets in the local Slug & Lettuce!

Yeah it was shyte, but he must command absolute mega fees elsewhere, I think it was said he had (or wanted?) 100 tickets for his mates, he probably took a fraction of his normal fee instead and put in the effort to match.

With Glasto not paying big fees unfortunately the odd situation like that is inevitable. He doesn’t really need the exposure (which he wouldn’t get on Arcadia as much anyway as it’s not on the BBC) so he probably did it for a laugh more then anything.

Edited by Jose Pose

25 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Yeah it was shyte, but he must command absolute mega fees elsewhere, I think it was said he had (or wanted?) 100 tickets for his mates, he probably took a fraction of his normal fee instead and put in the effort to match.

With Glasto not paying big fees unfortunately the odd situation like that is inevitable. He doesn’t really need the exposure (which he wouldn’t get on Arcadia as much anyway as it’s not on the BBC) so he probably did it for a laugh more then anything.

How come he was so bad? Was it his mixing? I wasn’t there as think he’s pretty average so went to see floating points instead. Sounds like we made the right decision 

51 minutes ago, tigger123 said:

How come he was so bad? Was it his mixing? I wasn’t there as think he’s pretty average so went to see floating points instead. Sounds like we made the right decision 

Personally I enjoyed it a lot, it wasn't anything spectacular - was pretty much just the set he'd been touring all summer at festivals and his Ushuaïa residency (but shortened). Was a fun sing-a-long, which was what I expected, nothing more or nothing less, was rammed though, but made for a great atmosphere.

26 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So almost  no dj's allowed who arent from the uk, cool.

Or maybe my favourite djs are mostly british and thats who i put on the poster.

Theres 100 stages or so at glastonbury, if you want to watch international acts there is plenty of choice 😂

21 minutes ago, Zacko said:

When you see it like that you realise how strong last year was for DJ's, loads of acts there that would headline festivals outright

Yep! This was a year without a dance other headliner too (although calvin definitely makes up for it size wise)

£285 for that is not bad at all is the main point I wanted to make - let alone the other acts!