Bluedot 2023

OhHell

50% discount on day tickets (+small fees) via Tickets for Good atm. NHS email needed for sign up, purchaser must attend, but can buy 6 tickets per day, including non-nhs friends and family.

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2023 at 8:34 PM, trust1878 said:

What is the late night entertainment like at this festival? What time does it go on till? Some of the electronic music sounds like it may be worth a trek North...

Depends what you're after tbh.  The dance stuff goes on in a couple of the smaller tents until about 2am I think.  There's normally a late film in the science fields.  Usually have a couple of night-time parades, and the stuff outside the main arena goes on for a while too.  Not a mega late night festival tbh, but okay (if you're slightly older like me!!)

• 3 weeks later...

Saw they are taking votes for the 2024 headliners albeit there’s no restrictions so not sure how helpful it will be. I am a little underwhelmed by this year’s but I felt the same last year and it was still a good weekend. I think they might have peaked in terms of lineup in 2019 but the site was also uncomfortably busy on both Saturday and Sunday. I’d take smaller headliners for a nicer experience.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Nickyboy said:

Haven't got ours yet - should I be worried?

I wouldn't start panicking until a week or two before.  We ordered a campervan ticket as well, maybe that's why it's a bit early.

Edited by czuk
missing space

• 2 weeks later...

I’m off to Bluedot on my own (abandoning husband and kids) after about 25 out of the festival scene. So many questions, about how things like how it works using the meteor showers….are there lockers, changing rooms, somewhere safe to leave your things whilst washing? How far is it from car to campsite? Can I return to the car to get things during the festival? If it’s super wet (forecast not looking promising) what do I need? What’s access to water like in camping areas? Are there washing up facilities for cooking stuff? And (probably most important) is there anywhere to dance after 2am?

Thank you!

7 hours ago, laurajoseph said:

I’m off to Bluedot on my own (abandoning husband and kids) after about 25 out of the festival scene. So many questions, about how things like how it works using the meteor showers….are there lockers, changing rooms, somewhere safe to leave your things whilst washing? How far is it from car to campsite? Can I return to the car to get things during the festival? If it’s super wet (forecast not looking promising) what do I need? What’s access to water like in camping areas? Are there washing up facilities for cooking stuff? And (probably most important) is there anywhere to dance after 2am?

Thank you!

There are changing rooms but no lockers, however there is space to take any valuables into the shower with you.

15 minutes ish from car to campsite and you can go back and forth.

Water access in campsite is fine but bring a large bottle to save trips back and forth for cooking etc. There are sinks for washing up.

If it’s wet you’ll want walking boots and wellies just in case. The main site does ok in the wet but the campsite paths were pretty bad in 2019.

No idea on your last Q as I’ll be asleep by then but I think after hours stuff is more limited than some festivals.

• Thanks 1