Cala Mijas 2023

gfa

Great additions, even better day placement!

Before the announcement Friday was the weak link in terms of the undercard, but now we'll be getting a run of Amyl & The Sniffers > M83 > The Strokes > Underworld.

Each of the days now seem stacked enough for an early entrance and a late exit to the arena!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Great to see that the lineup is a bit more rounded out now, it was very top heavy before.

I am just looking at the shuttle bus options (daily bus service), it looks like you have to book for specific times.

Did anyone have any experience with these last year? I've got no idea what time I will want to book a return journey back at the end of each festival day! 😅

20 hours ago, DDave said:

The Sunday is the weakest day of any Festival I've ever seen, ever. Literally nothing on. 

Well Ethel Cain first concert in Spain, The Blaze with the new album, Metronomy is alway good and Arca will be nice to see too. Also La Plazuela, electronic flamenco is different and curious to see aswell as national artist  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Florence2010 said:

I am happy with the additions we got, but the Kalorama line up is just much stronger and fuller. We do need a couple more names… 

It's possible they were trying to get stronger sales for Kalorama first and will release more names for La Cala later on

I doubt we will get more but it’s possible. I can see why they don’t want to announce a name for both festivals simultaneously.

Prodigy playing another Spanish fest. Not sure if with an exclusion zone.

And Kalorama does have an extra stage.

Edited by xxialac

20 minutes ago, Sarahw2 said:

Never thought of that

I think they're pretty evenly balanced line ups. I'd probably plump for Kalorama for the Hives and the Prodigy and probably more accommodation options in Lisbon, which is a city I've not been to before. Plus the weakest day of Kalorama is stronger than the weakest day of CM...but I'd be happy with either really. 

Edited by DDave
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I doubt we will get more but it’s possible. I can see why they don’t want to announce a name for both festivals simultaneously.

Prodigy playing another Spanish fest. Not sure if with an exclusion zone.

And Kalorama does have an extra stage.

And in a Festival that is 2 hours ahead from Cala Mijas, I don't think they play in cala