Best size bag for 5 nights camping?

caitybug

Hiya! Going to Reading for the first time this year and have no clue where to start with bag sizes. Been looking at 65L, and will be hoping to pack light - 4 outfits, toiletry and medical essentials, booze and food, sleeping mat, sleeping bag & tent of course, as well as essentials like charging packs etc. Will this be big enough? Im also nervous because I'm not very atheltic and only 5'4 so I want to be sure I can carry it! Cant afford a trolley unfortunately :(

2 hours ago, caitybug said:

Hiya! Going to Reading for the first time this year and have no clue where to start with bag sizes. Been looking at 65L, and will be hoping to pack light - 4 outfits, toiletry and medical essentials, booze and food, sleeping mat, sleeping bag & tent of course, as well as essentials like charging packs etc. Will this be big enough? Im also nervous because I'm not very atheltic and only 5'4 so I want to be sure I can carry it! Cant afford a trolley unfortunately 😞

This kind of thing will vary for everyone

You always less far less than you think, is my general rule of thumb

These days I just take a hold-all like you’d use for hand luggage, similar to this: 

BEF5F949-BDDB-4733-BD0C-C9A88AFA0CCC.webp

Other that what I’ll wear there on the day, if the weather is dry like it has been, I’ll just take an extra pair of shorts, a different t-shirt for each day, a hoodie and one of those little windbreakers that folds away into a bundle to clip on my shorts incase it looks like it’s going to rain. Underwear and socks too, obviously. I’ll fit all my toiletries etc. in that bag as well. 

Edited by Andre91

7 hours ago, caitybug said:

Hiya! Going to Reading for the first time this year and have no clue where to start with bag sizes. Been looking at 65L, and will be hoping to pack light - 4 outfits, toiletry and medical essentials, booze and food, sleeping mat, sleeping bag & tent of course, as well as essentials like charging packs etc. Will this be big enough? Im also nervous because I'm not very atheltic and only 5'4 so I want to be sure I can carry it! Cant afford a trolley unfortunately 😞

65L is what i used for glastonbury this year and it worked well for me 🙂 enjoy!