1st time & repeat pyramid headliners

swede

23 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Few more for the first timers that I don't think have been mentioned. 

- Drake

- Post Malone

- The Weeknd

Returners

- Foo Fighters

- Stormzy

- Ed Sheeran

Cant ever see Posty headlining Glasto, and I like some of his stuff. 

On the other hand I dont get all the fuss about Drake, piss poor rapper and singer IMO. 

7 minutes ago, swede said:

Cant ever see Posty headlining Glasto, and I like some of his stuff. 

On the other hand I dont get all the fuss about Drake, piss poor rapper and singer IMO. 

Yeah I'm not into Drake at all and tbh

Why do you think post malone wouldn't? I'm only a casual fan so I don't know that much about him.  I know he is no way as critically acclaimed as kendrick, kanye or Jay z but isn't he still well regarded by with big crossover hits?

5 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Yeah I'm not into Drake at all and tbh

Why do you think post malone wouldn't? I'm only a casual fan so I don't know that much about him.  I know he is no way as critically acclaimed as kendrick, kanye or Jay z but isn't he still well regarded by with big crossover hits?

You’ve answered it yourself buddy, he’s not critically acclaimed. I actually think he’d make a great other stage headliner but no way would he top the pyramid after Jay z, Kanye, Stormzy, and Kendrick, they’ve set a standard now with hip hop/rap/grime headliners and posty isn’t in the same league. 

I like my live hip hop and I saw him headline Leeds 2019, took the kids to see Billie Eilish and Twenty One Pilots, he was great for the first 4-5 songs but we left after that, just didn’t do enough to hold our attention , but bang him on the other stage and he’d pull a decent crowd 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, swede said:

You’ve answered it yourself buddy, he’s not critically acclaimed. I actually think he’d make a great other stage headliner but no way would he top the pyramid after Jay z, Kanye, Stormzy, and Kendrick, they’ve set a standard now with hip hop/rap/grime headliners and posty isn’t in the same league. 

I like my live hip hop and I saw him headline Leeds 2019, took the kids to see Billie Eilish and Twenty One Pilots, he was great for the first 4-5 songs but we left after that, just didn’t do enough to hold our attention , but bang him on the other stage and he’d pull a decent crowd 

Drake unfortunately is a commercial juggernaut and probably has a sky high booking fee. While he may not appeal to the chin strokers, he’s absolutely massive to casual music fans. Drake is a headliner. Probably more of an established headliner than Kendrick. Sad way the world is. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Drake unfortunately is a commercial juggernaut and probably has a sky high booking fee. While he may not appeal to the chin strokers, he’s absolutely massive to casual music fans. Drake is a headliner. Probably more of an established headliner than Kendrick. Sad way the world is. 

We was talking about Post Malone buddy. 

I cant get my head around Drakes appeal but he's definitely a headliner

Edited by swede

18 hours ago, swede said:

Yeah I think that is fair enough, I agree I think you do need critical acclaim as well or cultural cache.