Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

21 hours ago, s30foster said:

Park and Ride info

image.png.ec1ca9aea3774c4bcd6b43d98d99d46a.png

A day ticket will work out very expensive once you have added on booking fees and park and ride fees. I also don't trust them to get the park and ride right, shuttle buses have been a shitshow for the past two years and the shuttle buses didn't look much better either.

Hope to be back one year though, as the price for the whole weekend is still good value, but for us the line up isn't what we hoped. There are a few acts we like but if the weather is crap then you can't even rely on good weather and chilling with a pint waiting between acts to see. 

49 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Definitely.  We came to this festival initially based on the indie/90s heavy line up and been hooked ever since.  But it’s a fair old trek and we abandon the sprogs for 4 nights 🤣

This will be our last year of booking anything prior to a major lineup announcement anyway, time to try somewhere new.

Anyone know when they usually release the stage split? The acoustic and seaside (I think) usually have a bit of something I like too.

Honestly was convinced the cribs would be announced this time round! 

Totally get that, we are in Portsmouth and we did that one year, turned out to be a good year for us, and ended up buying for the whole weekend.

Who knows, as full line up is usually end of March/Start of April

But

Based on last year:-

Beats stage 4th April

James Walsh 9th May

Splits 25th May

Full Comedy stage 27th May

Kids Stage/Roy Stride 31st May

Local/upcoming acts  7th June

Unmade Radio 8th July

Literacy 20th July

Full times/Stages 9th August

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Definitely.  We came to this festival initially based on the indie/90s heavy line up and been hooked ever since.  But it’s a fair old trek and we abandon the sprogs for 4 nights 🤣

This will be our last year of booking anything prior to a major lineup announcement anyway, time to try somewhere new.

Anyone know when they usually release the stage split? The acoustic and seaside (I think) usually have a bit of something I like too.

Honestly was convinced the cribs would be announced this time round! 

Not sure when the stage splits are, but seaside stage won't be there this year (or next I think). That area's closed off for a few years while work is being done on the sea defences.

46 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Not sure when the stage splits are, but seaside stage won't be there this year (or next I think). That area's closed off for a few years while work is being done on the sea defences.

Yeah assumed that even though that part was a gonna this year they would have an equivalent new stage elsewhere 🤷‍♂️ 

Saturday is ridiculously good for us this year, but Friday/Sunday a bit light.  We’re down on the Thursday for the 1st time this year staying at student digs! Any recommendations for where to go on the Thursday night for a vic warm up? 

32 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Yeah assumed that even though that part was a gonna this year they would have an equivalent new stage elsewhere 🤷‍♂️ 

Saturday is ridiculously good for us this year, but Friday/Sunday a bit light.  We’re down on the Thursday for the 1st time this year staying at student digs! Any recommendations for where to go on the Thursday night for a vic warm up? 

Albert road is normally a good bet, but is there anything in particular you're after (hipster craft beer, old man pubs, cheesey nightclubs etc)?

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

Albert road is normally a good bet, but is there anything in particular you're after (hipster craft beer, old man pubs, cheesey nightclubs etc)?

90s Britpop, noughties indie in the mould of  libertines/yeah yeah yeahs, some Bowie, T-Rex, bit of mod or classic Beatles/Stones, punk/post punk stuff.  Pretty much any guitar based music from the 60s onwards 😇

The music wins over the quality of pint/venue for me please 😁

90s Britpop, noughties indie in the mould of  libertines/yeah yeah yeahs, some Bowie, T-Rex, bit of mod or classic Beatles/Stones, punk/post punk stuff.  Pretty much any guitar based music from the 60s onwards 😇

Ok, some of these I haven't been to for years but my initial thoughts are honest politician, the deco and one eyed dog on Elm Grove, and fat fox and lord John Russell (but LJR is def under new owners since I last went) on Albert Road. Most of the nightclubs are on Guildhall Walk, it's possible 1 of them has an indie/guitar night.

5 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

I agree with Simsy, if you head to Albert Road, Elm Grove and the pubs she suggested, your probably find something. 

or facebook search a guy called Nick Courtney, he’s a local promoter who always advertising what’s on in local area. X

Edited by kelstar

20 minutes ago, WhatADin said:

Can we all just take a moment to remember the places in Pompey we have loved and lost that fit that brief quite well. Scandals in particular. 

Scandals, I remember drinking mad dog 20/20 out of the mini bottle in there, watching everyone trying not to bang their heads lol

48 minutes ago, kelstar said:

Scandals, I remember drinking mad dog 20/20 out of the mini bottle in there, watching everyone trying not to bang their heads lol

I met my 6ft 3" husband there, who to this day I'm sure was mildly concussed when he asked for my number. 😆

• Like 1

Think we getting the Beats and swing line up soon. Just seen it posted on facebook, then went to click on the post and it disappeared.

Annie Mac and Leeroy Thornhill are the only names I caught in the spilt second I saw it x

13 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Nice work 👏🏻 wonder if that frees up a few more acts for common/castle for another announcement… forever the optimist I know 

I actually dont think this should of been announced yet, as not on the main Victorious pages and keeps being removed from facebook. so could be changed maybe?

Nice work 👏🏻 wonder if that frees up a few more acts for common/castle for another announcement… forever the optimist I know 

Soooooo to answer this question.  There’s currently 25 acts announced for each day.  Of those 8 are now Beats & Swing which leaves 67.  On the main 2 stages last year we’re pretty much 40 acts (now 60 if you count full day Friday).  Leaves an extra 7 which probably go on acoustic or elsewhere.  

In summary barring the odd 1/2 acts I’d say the main stages are full. 

52 minutes ago, sisco said:

Soooooo to answer this question.  There’s currently 25 acts announced for each day.  Of those 8 are now Beats & Swing which leaves 67.  On the main 2 stages last year we’re pretty much 40 acts (now 60 if you count full day Friday).  Leaves an extra 7 which probably go on acoustic or elsewhere.  

In summary barring the odd 1/2 acts I’d say the main stages are full. 

Lundi announced he’s on Acoustic so that’s another one down. However we do have the winners of the road to Victorious to add in somewhere.

Jamiraqoui, Raye, Friendly Fires, Jake Bugg, Circa Waves, Mae Muller, Cian Ducrot, Blossoms, Katy J Pearson

Pete Tong, The Charlatans, Katy B, The View, Billy Nomates, Wunderhorse

Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, Belle & Sebastian, The Coral, Kate Nash, Inspiral Carpets, Natalie Imbruglia

Alt J, The Divine Comedy, Amyl & The Sniffers, Pale Waves, Shame

Mumford & Sons, Ben Howard, Sigrid, The Vaccines, Johnny Maar, Heather Small, Crawlers, Gabrielle Climi, Hard Fi

Ellie Goulding, Sea Girls, The Enemy, Dylan, The Go Team

Something like that seems reasonably likely to me.  Obvs add an act here and there. 

3 hours ago, sisco said:

Jamiraqoui, Raye, Friendly Fires, Jake Bugg, Circa Waves, Mae Muller, Cian Ducrot, Blossoms, Katy J Pearson

Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, Belle & Sebastian, The Coral, Kate Nash, Inspiral Carpets, Natalie Imbruglia

Mumford & Sons, Ben Howard, Sigrid, The Vaccines, Johnny Maar, Heather Small, Crawlers, Gabrielle Climi, Hard Fi

Something like that seems reasonably likely to me.  Obvs add an act here and there. 

I would say pretty much on. Only changes I would suggest  

Friday: switch charlatans to common stage, Raye on castle

Sunday: sea girls to common stage (before vaccines), sigrid to castle. 

Maintains vibes better between acts on the stages. 

12 hours ago, sisco said:

I would put Newton Faulker on Acoustic stage as the headliner x

Edited by kelstar