Much Thanks!

Mash2

Being a long time concert goer here in the states, I'd always had Glastonbury as a bucket list festival. Back in 2019, I finally decided to pull the trigger and try and get tickets to the 50th anniversary year. Low and behold, I was able to grab some coach tickets for me, a friend, and 2 of my kids for the 2020 festival only to be derailed 2 years n a row by Covid. 2022 finally came and we got to attend a truly spectacular event. We had many great moments in 2022 and the memories will live on with us for quite a long time. Of special note was the many great conversations and/or experiences that we had with other Glastonbury festival goers.

Through all of that experience, I received tons of guidance and tips from the wonderful people on this board and I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone here....you guys have a great on-line community!

I hope that I will get back to the festival one day.....until then...Thanks!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 8

8 hours ago, Mash2 said:

Being a long time concert goer here in the states, I'd always had Glastonbury as a bucket list festival. Back in 2019, I finally decided to pull the trigger and try and get tickets to the 50th anniversary year. Low and behold, I was able to grab some coach tickets for me, a friend, and 2 of my kids for the 2020 festival only to be derailed 2 years n a row by Covid. 2022 finally came and we got to attend a truly spectacular event. We had many great moments in 2022 and the memories will live on with us for quite a long time. Of special note was the many great conversations and/or experiences that we had with other Glastonbury festival goers.

Through all of that experience, I received tons of guidance and tips from the wonderful people on this board and I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone here....you guys have a great on-line community!

I hope that I will get back to the festival one day.....until then...Thanks!

great to hear... was the festival everything you thought it would be - what was good/not so good? What surprised you

I always love to see the festival through the eyes of a newbie 🙂

Festival was fantastic. Pretty much what I expected but at an even larger scale than I imagined. So much good music, entertainment and food. Met some great people and generally had an epic vacation. Loved doing it with my two kids, created memories that will last a long time.

Only down side.....some of the crowd flow. The festival definitely needs to work on crowd control. The crowds at Wet Leg and the next day at Calvin Hill were nuts. Luckily, people were pretty good/calm about it, so I can't say that it spoiled anything, just think some changes to layout and better scheduling would reduce the risk of problems.

Net/net - will definitely be back some time in the future.

Surprise - Food quality was better than expected and much better than what we typically see at a US festival. On the downside.....Most of the US festivals have better beer with many having  craft brewer areas where multiple craft brewers are featured....although you don't see Cider Buses at US festivals!

9 minutes ago, Mash2 said:

Festival was fantastic. Pretty much what I expected but at an even larger scale than I imagined. So much good music, entertainment and food. Met some great people and generally had an epic vacation. Loved doing it with my two kids, created memories that will last a long time.

Only down side.....some of the crowd flow. The festival definitely needs to work on crowd control. The crowds at Wet Leg and the next day at Calvin Hill were nuts. Luckily, people were pretty good/calm about it, so I can't say that it spoiled anything, just think some changes to layout and better scheduling would reduce the risk of problems.

Net/net - will definitely be back some time in the future.

Glad you enjoyed it.  It was my first time as well, and I could have written your post word for word 😂

I also had my 2 kids as well and made some unforgettable memories.  Same as you said - we got caught in a few crushes which could have been dangerous, but everyone was very sensible and although nobody was getting anywhere, there was no real sense of pushing going on so you just had to wait it out.

54 minutes ago, Mash2 said:

Surprise - Food quality was better than expected and much better than what we typically see at a US festival. On the downside.....Most of the US festivals have better beer with many having  craft brewer areas where multiple craft brewers are featured....although you don't see Cider Buses at US festivals!

Oh, i dream of a day when there's a Russian River and Sierra Nevada beer stall at glastonbury 😊 itll be a short day if they're dishing out pints of Pliny or Torpedo though 

37 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Oh, i dream of a day when there's a Russian River and Sierra Nevada beer stall at glastonbury 😊 itll be a short day if they're dishing out pints of Pliny or Torpedo though 

Word bro, word.

Perhaps some Alagash White Breakfast IPA.

Can you imagine...

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for taking the time to read it. It was my first time as well, and I would have been able to write your article word for word. 

I also had my two children, and we made some amazing memories. We were all caught up in a few crushes that might have been disastrous, but everyone was responsible and while no one was making progress, there was no real sense of striving; you simply had to wait it out.