Open'er Festival 2023

Rico_Pliskin

Someone on clashfinder site (the site where you can check the stages and the schedules of the artists at festivals) under Ope’ner 2022 posted the lineup of 2023 plus some names that were rumoured before. Interesting additions are Blur, Carly Rae Japsen, Earl Sweatshirt, Stormzy, The Blaze, Burna Boy, Calvin Harris, Lil Uzi Vert, Loyle Carner and Black Country New Road. 

Have no idea why would someone would do this, but that person must know things that we don’t know. And they updated it 2 days ago. 

https://clashfinder.com/m/opener2022/?user=0unzmj.io

Edited by festivalguy97

4 hours ago, festivalguy97 said:

Someone on clashfinder site (the site where you can check the stages and the schedules of the artists at festivals) under Ope’ner 2022 posted the lineup of 2023 plus some names that were rumoured before. Interesting additions are Blur, Carly Rae Japsen, Earl Sweatshirt, Stormzy, The Blaze, Burna Boy, Calvin Harris, Lil Uzi Vert, Loyle Carner and Black Country New Road. 

Have no idea why would someone would do this, but that person must know things that we don’t know. And they updated it 2 days ago. 

https://clashfinder.com/m/opener2022/?user=0unzmj.io

I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you - this clashfinder is mine and I'm updating it both with the names that were announced for the festival, but also with the names that are around and possible just to be up to date. Hope we will get some of them though!

3 hours ago, mln said:

I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you - this clashfinder is mine and I'm updating it both with the names that were announced for the festival, but also with the names that are around and possible just to be up to date. Hope we will get some of them though!

Wow nice, it seemed too suspicious for me ahahahah, I think some names are possible tho, but others seemed very unlikely. Can you explain why you chose those names individually? 

1 hour ago, festivalguy97 said:

Wow nice, it seemed too suspicious for me ahahahah, I think some names are possible tho, but others seemed very unlikely. Can you explain why you chose those names individually? 

Just names that are around in June and July, nothing more 😉 but some of them are not valid anymore, e.g. Calvin Harris is playing somewhere else on Saturday.

Edited by mln

1 hour ago, mln said:

Just names that are around in June and July, nothing more 😉 but some of them are not valid anymore, e.g. Calvin Harris is playing somewhere else on Saturday.

Nice. Roskilde festival is probably dropping their full lineup next week, so I expect Open’er to announce the remaining artists shortly after that.  Then combining with Lolla Stockholm and Rock Werchter than happen to be in the same weekend it’s going to be possible to check if all those names you mentioned can actually come. Plus some other surprises that we don’t know yet. 

24 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Nice. Roskilde festival is probably dropping their full lineup next week, so I expect Open’er to announce the remaining artists shortly after that.  Then combining with Lolla Stockholm and Rock Werchter than happen to be in the same weekend it’s going to be possible to check if all those names you mentioned can actually come. Plus some other surprises that we don’t know yet. 

I think Opener will be the last to complete their line-up. The last announcement often takes place in June. But I expect them to drop next 6-10 names in March.

4 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Roskilde just announced their lineup by dates and they are missing one headliner for Saturday. It is going to be most likely a canela artist. Maybe it’s the same one as the missing headliner of Friday. 

Could be Billie Eilish or Lana del Rey? 

Open'er is missing a headliner on Thursday, not Friday.

I think @Ken19 ruled out Billie for July festivals in Europe, didn't he?

It can be Lana, but we still don't know if she's going to be in Europe this summer. Blur are still possible, especially taking this reddit Q&A with Dave Rowntree into consideration. They can also go with a safe option and book Florence, she's still available on Thursday (but would have to play 4 days in a row).

19 minutes ago, mln said:

Open'er is missing a headliner on Thursday, not Friday.

I think @Ken19 ruled out Billie for July festivals in Europe, didn't he?

It can be Lana, but we still don't know if she's going to be in Europe this summer. Blur are still possible, especially taking this reddit Q&A with Dave Rowntree into consideration. They can also go with a safe option and book Florence, she's still available on Thursday (but would have to play 4 days in a row).

Sorry I meant Thursday, AM are headlining Friday. 
What happened in the Q&A? 
I see that Blur leave always a lot of free days between their concerts, either it’s because they want to rest so having a Thursday Poland and Friday Denmark concert it’s too much for them, or either they are adding new dates. In any case I feel like it will be something more popish and not Blur. 

Just now, festivalguy97 said:

Sorry I meant Thursday, AM are headlining Friday. 
What happened in the Q&A? 
I see that Blur leave always a lot of free days between their concerts, either it’s because they want to rest so having a Thursday Poland and Friday Denmark concert it’s too much for them, or either they are adding new dates. In any case I feel like it will be something more popish and not Blur. 

333180714_217146824100048_290187727068264508_n.jpg.910bbdf9994d26bff726a41e36a50731.jpg

7 minutes ago, pryce said:

Where is the best place to stay for this festival? can i get back to gdansk each night or would it have to be Gydnia?

thanks 

The best place would be Gdynia, but Gdansk and Sopot are also fine. There are shuttle buses between the festival site and the main railway station in Gdynia (the trip takes 20-30 minutes, depending on the traffic). From there you can easily walk to hotels/apartments in the city center of Gdynia or take the SKM train to Gdansk or Sopot. They leave quite regularly and the trip to the main station in Gdansk takes around 30 minutes (there are several stops between so you don't have to focus only on accomodation near Gdansk main railway station).

Edited by mln
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, mln said:

The best place would be Gdynia, but Gdansk and Sopot are also fine. There are shuttle buses between the festival site and the main railway station in Gdynia (the trip takes 20-30 minutes, depending on the traffic). From there you can easily walk to hotels/apartments in the city center of Gdynia or take the SKM train to Gdansk or Sopot. They leave quite regularly and the trip to the main station in Gdansk takes around 30 minutes (there are several stops between so you don't have to focus only on accomodation near Gdansk main railway station).

and it would be possible to get this train after the festival is finished?

thanks

7 minutes ago, pryce said:

and it would be possible to get this train after the festival is finished?

thanks

yeah, definitely, but don't know how often they depart. I think there are additional trains provided during the festival.

Just make sure you are within walking distance from one of the SKM stations.

Edited by mln

2 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Blur, Janelle Monae, and what else? It’s shaping to be a nice linuep indeed 

Spoon, Men I trust, Primal Scream, The Hu and the Amazons are names that'd be decent from Mad cool lineup.

Just very happy it seems Lana del Rey isn't about and we avoided Mumford and sons as Marcus is playing Stockholm on 29th and Mumford on the 1st July.

Just now, Rico_Pliskin said:

Spoon, Men I trust, Primal Scream, The Hu and the Amazons are names that'd be decent from Mad cool lineup.

Just very happy it seems Lana del Rey isn't about and we avoided Mumford and sons as Marcus is playing Stockholm on 29th and Mumford on the 1st July.

The Hu are playing somewhere else in Poland this summer and I think that Spoon are quite busy during Open'er.