Pyramid Opening acts of the day

FuzzyDunlop

Pyramid opening acts are a curious one for me. I have seen a few & enjoyed them all.

The Proclaimers were great.. Bjorn Again too. Haçienda classical was my favourite that I've seen.

Turtle Island were great fun.

I cant lie, I even enjoyed Rolf at the time (shame).

This year I am hoping for the return of Dakkabrakka. Ukranian, so could well feature in solidarity, but on top of that - they would be brilliant for it. That 2016 set is one of my favourite glastonbury sets.

Opening is a set to pull off imo.

3 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

Hacienda were fantastic 

Am I right in remembering it was after the Manchester bombing and Rowena had a bee dress on. It was really quite emotional. 

Think I may have had a glastonbury cry? 

Edited by Larraht

2 minutes ago, Larraht said:

Am I right in remembering it was after the Manchester bombing and Rowena had a bee dress on. It was really quite emotional. 

Think I may have had a glastonbury cry? 

You are Correct. 

I live just north, but commute to Manchester every day. Our group all live in or around Manchester, so it was a thing for us.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

The Darkness is my most memorable opening act

I'll second that.  Lost my socks very quickly (as they were knocked off!)

I have a very fond place in my heart for the Sunday openers too.  Generally a brass band or orchestra.  It's such a unique vibe and you're able to experience the pyramid without crowds, right at the front.  I appreciate not many choose it, but I love it!  Black Dyke Band this year... going to be great!  Ground Force theme tune anyone?

• Upvote 1