Hearing Impaired first timer...

1049Gotho

This will be my first time at Glastonbury and I'm so excited, just have one major concern.

I wear hearing aids which are rechargeable, has anyone had experience with this at Glastonbury/camping before? They're still relatively new to me so I haven't used them whilst camping yet.

Second question would be how easy will I find it to recharge power banks every day? Obviously this is a genuine necessity for me so I'm wondering if I need to look for an alternative.

Hi and welcome to Glastonbury!  

I can't help you specifically, but you might find if you contact the accessibility team they might be able to help with specifics on re-charging.  Otherwise, I'd take a couple of Anker 20000mah power banks, if they keep phones charged then I'm sure they'll be fine for your hearing aids.  

Have a brilliant festival!

Advise you check the battery charge capacity of your hearing aids and together with your own knowledge on how often you need to recharge them, this will give you an idea of the powerbank size (mah) you require. We did this for GF and found a 20,000mah power bank  would see out the festival for our 2 phones; which it did with ease. Don't forget however that  power bank normally only ca. 80-90% efficient and so a 20,000mah for example will only give out ca 16,0000mah......

Welcome to the party.

3 hours ago, 1049Gotho said:

This will be my first time at Glastonbury and I'm so excited, just have one major concern.

I wear hearing aids which are rechargeable, has anyone had experience with this at Glastonbury/camping before? They're still relatively new to me so I haven't used them whilst camping yet.

Second question would be how easy will I find it to recharge power banks every day? Obviously this is a genuine necessity for me so I'm wondering if I need to look for an alternative.

Hi, I am also a rechargeable hearing aid wearer. You will find it difficult to recharge power banks daily unless you can arrange something as said above with the access team. Which will be a bit of  a faff unless you camp close to Spring Ground. Drop an email to accessibility@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk I have Phonak Audeo Marvels with a power bank in the actual charger which usually gives me 2 charges. I charge this from my Anker 20,000 charger. 

EE usually sell exchangeable Power Banks at  the festival so this could also be an option, I haven't seen an announcement of what they are offering as yet this year. Keep an eye out on here and on social media.

Have a great festival! 🙂

Edited by StoneCircle
  • Upvote 1

If they are rechargeable via a usb lead then i can also recommend Anker power banks, many different sizes available on Amazon. TI should imagine the 20,000 mah one should keep both your hearing aids and phone going the whole festival with ease

Thank you all for your welcomes and your useful comments!

I have a power bank on the way, going to order one/two more. They are chargeable via USB so I'm hoping that will do the trick. Will do many test runs I think. 

Think I'll email the accessibility team too, in case there are any suggestions. 

Thanks again, much appreciated!

10 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Hi, I am also a rechargeable hearing aid wearer. You will find it difficult to recharge power banks daily unless you can arrange something as said above with the access team. Which will be a bit of  a faff unless you camp close to Spring Ground. Drop an email to accessibility@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk I have Phonak Audeo Marvels with a power bank in the actual charger which usually gives me 2 charges. I charge this from my Anker 20,000 charger. 

EE usually sell exchangeable Power Banks at  the festival so this could also be an option, I haven't seen an announcement of what they are offering as yet this year. Keep an eye out on here and on social media.

Have a great festival! 🙂

Tried emailing this address and it keeps bouncing back which is a shame!

10 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Have a great festival! 🙂

I've seen those chargers with power banks in and contemplating buying one. Trouble is I already have two chargers and they're not cheap! Hoping a power bank to the mini charger will do that trick. 

How many times would your Anker power bank charge the HA power bank? 

5 minutes ago, 1049Gotho said:

I've seen those chargers with power banks in and contemplating buying one. Trouble is I already have two chargers and they're not cheap! Hoping a power bank to the mini charger will do that trick. 

How many times would your Anker power bank charge the HA power bank? 

My Phonak power bank clips underneath the usb charger so it's still one unit. Not been off grid for longer than 3 days since getting these hearing aids do not sure how many charges but I would expect a 20,000 MAH to last the duration of the festival at the minimum. 🙂

9 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

I have heard of this happening before, do you have a different email you could try to send it from? 👍

This worked, thanks.

8 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

My Phonak power bank clips underneath the usb charger so it's still one unit. Not been off grid for longer than 3 days since getting these hearing aids do not sure how many charges but I would expect a 20,000 MAH to last the duration of the festival at the minimum. 🙂

That's positive then. Worst case scenario I will just buy one of those. I (annoyingly) have a slightly newer charge/dry kit and they didn't leave a port for a battery on the bottom. 

Really appreciate your help - hope you have a great time!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Aye if they can can charge a giant mobile phone battery multiple times and that in turn powers a thirsty cpu and big high red screen then surely they can power a hearing aid battery very many times? 

If someone had the specs then a better person than I could do the maths. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2022 at 7:57 AM, 1049Gotho said:

Heya, drop me a DM and I'll send you my contact details. Might be able to help if things unravel and you get stuck while you're there! Would hate to think of you stuck without your aids.