First time glasto-goer.. in a caravan

Glastonewbie111

Any help for tips/tricks for a complete newbie, in a caravan, in ‘1 x Bath & West Campervans Large Pitch - White Route’ 

I’ve been reading people say entry for caravans is Tuesday instead of Wednesday? How far is the walk? I’m also confused about the alcohol situation… can I take it from my caravan to the main stages without having to hide it?

any help is VERY appreciated

42 minutes ago, Glastonewbie111 said:

Any help for tips/tricks for a complete newbie, in a caravan, in ‘1 x Bath & West Campervans Large Pitch - White Route’ 

I’ve been reading people say entry for caravans is Tuesday instead of Wednesday? How far is the walk? I’m also confused about the alcohol situation… can I take it from my caravan to the main stages without having to hide it?

If you mean how far is the walk from Bath and West it's a shuttle. Other posts here all seem positive in terms of regularity and availability. 

38 minutes ago, Glastonewbie111 said:

Bath and West is 3 miles from the site, a shuttle bus runs between there and the festival. 

55 minutes ago, Glastonewbie111 said:

B&W will be open from noon on Tuesday but you can't get onto the main site until the gates open on Wed.

A shuttle bus runs between B&W and Gate A every 15-20 mins.

Make sure that you are familiar with the pass out system when you first go back to the caravan - stewards are really friendly and will explain it to you.

You can take your own booze anywhere on site as long as it's not in glass bottles. Also no glass allowed in the caravan either.

You can also leave your booze, and anything else - warm clothes, waterproofs etc, - at the Property Lockups (free to use but a donation is appreciated as they are run by charities) to save you carrying it around site all day as you won't really want to be going back to the caravan. Take a photo of your lockup ticket in case you lose it.

Have a great time.

That site is a large space with roads, and grass for parking up. There are toilets defo and showers(?) onsite, but you'd need to get the 24hr shuttle to arrive at the festival, probably at gate A. You can take your own food and booze on site, or buy it there. Given that you'll need to travel by shuttle, I'd suggest you take your week's booze and daily stuff in with you to leave in the lockups, so you're self sufficient for the day rather than travel back.

1 hour ago, Glastonewbie111 said:

Bath & West is super organised. In 2019 got there Tuesday night/Wednesday early hours and there were plenty of stewards telling you were to park etc. Motorhome did get the quick once over inside, so like lots of people have already said, don‘t take any glass.

Walk to shuttle bus at B&W is 5 mins depending on where you’re parked, takes you straight to Gate A. Buses there all the time and can’t remember waiting too long for one. Only downer is having to walk back to Gate A to get back to the van if you’re right across the other side.

Showers and loos right next to where you catch the shuttle and there is a food van that looks really nice but we took our own food so couldn’t say what the prices were like but do remember thinking they were reasonable at the time.

We always loaded our backpacks with our days booze, restocking the fridge for the next day but do like the idea other people have suggested, using the lockup, which would mean not lugging a heavy bag all day.

Never had any problems going through the gates with our full back packs and easy out each night.