Neighbourhood Weekender 2022

ToonArmy9

I'm really looking forward to this festival, it will be my first time. Some cracking bands on, the hardest part is going to be when I find out who clashes!

I have a few questions about the festival which I'd appreciate answers to from people who have been before -

We are staying in Manchester. We were looking at getting the train.

I think we would need to leave before the end though if we want to get the train back on Sunday(Last train looks like being at 11:05) What would it be like getting taxis? I know there are dedicated buses but they are not cheap!

I'm used to muddy festivals, what does this get like? I can't imagine people wear wellies????

When are the stage splits normally out?

Thanks everyone.

Did it last year and stayed in Manchester and got the train. It's honestly a nightmare and we didn't even experience the worst of it. Half the festival goes to that train station to catch the train to either Manchester or Leeds and the majority are going Manchester. On the Saturday we had to queue for hours (no way to go toilet and shit loads of police about) as they sorted replacement buses until eventually a train came, we were first on but it ended up absolutely packed I'm not sure if everyone got on. You do have to leave early on Sunday because it's a fair walk to the station, longer than google maps would have you believe because you have to walk all the way round the park. We missed the last half hour of Catfish to get to the station on time. Because it was such a nightmare the day before we looked for Ubers and managed to find one that would take us back to our hotel for about £30-40 I can't remember wasn't much tho because we're cheap and it was before the headliner had finished. Woke up next morning and saw on twitter that the one Sunday train to Manchester had been cancelled leaving shit loads of mostly teenagers and young adults stranded in Warrington and Ubers were £100+. Getting the train there is very easy well worth it but just pay the money to get taxis back and prebook or leave early and try get a cheaper uber I'd say.

On the plus side the festival is probably the most well run I've been to in the UK, clashes weren't too bad and sound was good at both stages. Never waited more than a few minutes to buy a drink, bar staff very friendly, some cool stuff to do like the corner shop dj and the church which is a good way to kill ten minutes. Food was the best I've had at a fest bar none, get the beef nachos and beef wrap from the mexican stand it was unbelievable and actually worth the £20. Drug dogs weren't arsed about the joint in my pocket half inch from their nose either if you're into that, made the food all the more better tho haha.

Great festival, very well organised. Only issue was getting back to Manchester afterwards.

Went last year and stayed in hotel on Saturday and cab on Sunday. 

We had pre booked the cab a week in advance but it didn't show up. When we spoke to the company their excuse was that there was a festival on and they were busy!!  Uber was over £100 by that point. 

We ended up waiting for over an hour for the cab we booked to turn up.    There were about 10 other groups waiting with us who had also pre booked but been let down as well.  Company we used was ABBA cars, but don't know if any other local ones were any better. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2022 at 10:34 PM, ToonArmy9 said:

The stage splits are out. Any clashes?

Kasabian and Manics. I feel extremely old as I wouldve had Grennan there myself, but probably safety issues plus Kasabian audience probably closer to him than Manics. Will watch Kasabian but a bit gutted about the clash

Edited by efcfanwirral

On 5/6/2022 at 7:18 AM, ToonArmy9 said:

Yeah. It's a tough one. I'll go with my mates on this one as I've never seen the Manics and Kasabian aren't really Kasabiam without Tom Meighan.

Ha I'm the opposite - I think I'll prefer them without him! Manics are brilliant live though so if you do see them you'll have a great time I reckon, especially in the tent with only people who actually want to see them. Probably better than if they were on the main stage in the day with everyone talking

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pleasantly surprised at being able to see all of Pale Waves and The Amazons - was concerned they'd clash. Also get a good half hour of Starsailor before Blossoms.

Only clash is Baby Queen and Cast - girlfriend will probably go to the former and I'll probably go to the latter, rest is fine (as we obviously already knew about the Kasabian and Manics clash)

• Upvote 1

I’m glad the Lathums, Reytons, Snuts clash has been avoided. I thought Scouting for Girls were on Sun but seem to be showing as Sat on the app?

Only clash for us is I will go see the DMA’S but Mrs wants to see Example. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2022 at 8:03 AM, ToonArmy9 said:

Jamie Webster and Scouting for girls swapped. I saw it was due to the Champions league final

DMAs are my favourite band. I wouldn't miss them for anyone.

I got hugely into DMA's during lockdown when The Glow came out and I went backwards through the albums. Love them now - though still only seen them once, at Liverpool in October. Atmosphere should be great on Saturday with the crossover with Courteeners fans. 

Also really looking forward to Courteeners - seen them countless times and had struggled with them for a few festival slots until the Old Trafford gig in September, which was the best I've seen them by a mile.

Blossoms are another I've seen loads and loads of times, but after Band on the Wall the other week, and loving the new album, I'm really excited to see them this weekend too. 

It's all just aligned for me being really up for seeing bands I'd maybe got a bit bored of before. Should be an incredible weekend. We're starting it off with MCR and Frank Turner on Friday too

I first saw them at Live at Leeds around 5 years ago and have been hooked ever since. I think this will be my 5th time seeing them and they never disappoint. It's going to be a cracking night as you say, Not 19 Forever has to be in my top 5 live songs ever! It's been a while since I've seen them though.

Blossoms aren't my favourite but I enjoyed them when I've seen them still.

My list to see is either the older bands like Cast which I've not seen in ages and some new bands I love.

My top artists are -

Tom A Smith, The Academic, The Snuts, DMAs, The Courteeners, The Rifles, The Amazons, Cast, Razorlight, Inhaler, Manics, Kasabian

That's a good little warm up for you 🙂

On 5/25/2022 at 12:09 PM, efcfanwirral said:

I got hugely into DMA's during lockdown when The Glow came out and I went backwards through the albums. Love them now - though still only seen them once, at Liverpool in October. Atmosphere should be great on Saturday with the crossover with Courteeners fans. 

Also really looking forward to Courteeners - seen them countless times and had struggled with them for a few festival slots until the Old Trafford gig in September, which was the best I've seen them by a mile.

Blossoms are another I've seen loads and loads of times, but after Band on the Wall the other week, and loving the new album, I'm really excited to see them this weekend too. 

It's all just aligned for me being really up for seeing bands I'd maybe got a bit bored of before. Should be an incredible weekend. We're starting it off with MCR and Frank Turner on Friday too

I don’t suppose you could share the bar prices with us at MCR tomorrow could you? I know we are gonna get ripped off for the price of a pint, would like to prepare myself at how much.