2023 Festival

TheWaters

17 minutes ago, Benj said:

Yup.

Zero motivation to go into the arena, when they’re not slightly interested in the next 3 acts on the main stage and the only other options are some no marks they’ve never heard of in the small tents.

It’s pretty clear now that the one and done kids at Reading aren’t there for the music these days. It’s solely a bout the ‘rite of passage’, the lineup is unimportant 

people do go in for the current acts and they get huge crowds e.g. central cee - just most people don't care about the bands

people are well up for the music they like

theres no way you could sell 90k at each site with a 2010 lineup thesedays as tastes have changed so its about finding something in the middle (ie the most profitable)

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

people do go in for the current acts and they get huge crowds e.g. central cee - just most people don't care about the bands

theres no way you could sell 90k at each site with a 2010 lineup thesedays as tastes have changed so its about finding something in the middle (ie the most profitable)

Where did I suggest changing the lineup to 2010?  I’m suggesting they need to add more of what they have, so people bother sticking around instead of mass migrating in and out, when the bands they don’t care about come on

The arena was always busy from 3pm onwards at Reading pre 2020. Loads would sit outside the R1 tent while waiting for an act they liked to come on

Nowadays there’s mass migrations in and out and the likes of Knucks have half a crowd at best as the kids, as you say don’t give a f**k about bands, so f**k off when NBT are on, instead of half of them sticking around to watch what’s on in the tent

8 hours ago, Benj said:

Where did I suggest changing the lineup to 2010?  I’m suggesting they need to add more of what they have, so people bother sticking around instead of mass migrating in and out, when the bands they don’t care about come on

The arena was always busy from 3pm onwards at Reading pre 2020. Loads would sit outside the R1 tent while waiting for an act they liked to come on

Nowadays there’s mass migrations in and out and the likes of Knucks have half a crowd at best as the kids, as you say don’t give a f**k about bands, so f**k off when NBT are on, instead of half of them sticking around to watch what’s on in the tent

Can't really blame them for f**king off when NBT are on lol

If Knucks doesn't have a crowd then he's clearly as poor booking as he should be prime a levels booking

17 minutes ago, gfa said:

Can't really blame them for f**king off when NBT are on lol

If Knucks doesn't have a crowd then he's clearly as poor booking as he should be prime a levels booking

Haha exactly, they should have somewhere better to f**k off to than their tents though for £300

I think the NBT fans then f**ked off too, leaving Knucks with a half empty pit by looks of it…

16 hours ago, gfa said:

I've said it time and time again, people go for the acts they have exposure to, and that is what is trending at the moment. Look at last year..

Glass Animals - Heatwave, Polo G - RAPSTAR, Megan Stallion - WAP were the huge TikTok songs

1975, Dave, Halsey, Little Simz, Fontaines, Wolf Alice - continuous plays on BBC R1

D-Block is constantly on Spotify generated playlists

Arctic Monkeys and Bastille are just name-brand recognition at this point.

Knucks doesn't get airplay, he doesn't get featured on the big spotify playlists, he is a 1Xtra headliner that was thrust into subbing an act that has a wildly different fanbase.

I've been going for 7-years now and it has always been the same. People go as a glorified rite of passage where they get drunk as hell in the campsite in the sun and then stagger in for live music and dancing when an act comes on that they can tell people "I saw them live" when their next viral hit comes out.

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

I've said it time and time again, people go for the acts they have exposure to, and that is what is trending at the moment. Look at last year..

Glass Animals - Heatwave, Polo G - RAPSTAR, Megan Stallion - WAP were the huge TikTok songs

1975, Dave, Halsey, Little Simz, Fontaines, Wolf Alice - continuous plays on BBC R1

D-Block is constantly on Spotify generated playlists

Arctic Monkeys and Bastille are just name-brand recognition at this point.

Knucks doesn't get airplay, he doesn't get featured on the big spotify playlists, he is a 1Xtra headliner that was thrust into subbing an act that has a wildly different fanbase.

I've been going for 7-years now and it has always been the same. People go as a glorified rite of passage where they get drunk as hell in the campsite in the sun and then stagger in for live music and dancing when an act comes on that they can tell people "I saw them live" when their next viral hit comes out.

Laughable you think the leavers lot listen to BBC R1 lol

Knucks is popular in some circles just not someone who will fill the main stage, would be good for mid-late R1

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Laughable you think the leavers lot listen to BBC R1 lol

Knucks is popular in some circles just not someone who will fill the main stage, would be good for mid-late R1

Not the leavers lot, but the 20-something white van men, and mobile hairdressers/nail painters that make up the majority of the over 20's at the festival have it on all day. I listen occasionally when I cba to hook up bluetooth, and they are all the dial-ins / text shout outs.

55 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Not the leavers lot, but the 20-something white van men, and mobile hairdressers/nail painters that make up the majority of the over 20's at the festival have it on all day. I listen occasionally when I cba to hook up bluetooth, and they are all the dial-ins / text shout outs.

What on earth are you on about lol

This is almost farcical stuff. an utter joke 🤣 Had the bookers not asked them what actual show they bring at 6pm on an arvo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0g0pbg9/radio-1-at-reading-and-leeds-festival-2023-bicep?seriesId=b007xt4m-19-pop-and-dance

You can literally see the pins on the sh*t clost, on the cheap arse table...  Utter joke, Actually laughing at them out loud

what a f**k up, the booker was this year. Crowd still having a good go to be fair to them

Sounds great though mind when youre not looking! 👍.  Wouldve killed a Big tent headline slot these.

Could do it next year too 😚

Edited by Benj