Rock in Rio 2022

Daniel Ferreira

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 12:04 PM, KGeedora said:

Gorillaz and Nick Cave are at Primavera in Porto so no chance. 

To be honest, and after making an exercise ,   i have no idea who might be. Almost all the big bands that are on Europe that day, have already a gig at 18th.  Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Rammstein, Pearl Jam, and others....

Then we have Coldplay that their american tour will end only 4 days before the 18th.

There are Rolling Stones that only have Stadium Dates,  and it might be too expensive for RIR Lisbon right after a 2 year Hiatus

Arcade Fire, that have a scheduled recorded, but they don't have any date

And there are Muse, that have  gigs in 17th and 19th near Portugal, but they aren't very famous on doing 3 straight days.

2 hours ago, andy2912 said:

I see The Strokes are free on that date. Along with Florence and the machine, but i see she is at NOS next month so maybe unlikely? But she replaced FF at glasto 

Seeing as I have flights booked and accommodation for a week, still visiting Lisbon 

Both Strokes and Florence are at Nos Alive, and the guys from Nos Alive usually put most of their bands  «Portugal exclusive».   There are always exceptions, of course, but it is very unlikely that they let any of their headliners  have the chance to go to other portuguese festival

On 4/8/2022 at 3:24 AM, Tigane said:

Both Strokes and Florence are at Nos Alive, and the guys from Nos Alive usually put most of their bands  «Portugal exclusive».   There are always exceptions, of course, but it is very unlikely that they let any of their headliners  have the chance to go to other portuguese festival

Yeah I'd be very surprised if they did both events.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, young_contra said:

Just bought a ticket for this. Held off for quite a long time but The National are playing, I couldn't just say no to my favorite band. Don't really have big expectations for this festival, especially going alone, but hopefully it'll be a nice one.

In terms of quality sound, it is one of the best stages in Portugal. For a band like National, perhaps too big.

In terms of vibe, not the best one. But you will certainly enjoy.

• Like 1

A part of me does wanna go given I love Muse and The National, and have wanted to come to Lisbon. But it might be very much on the late side now to arrange to come from England.

Also, this was in the news over here, saying a new subvariant has lead to Portugal having a covid rate significantly higher than elsewhere in Europe. This a concern?: Omicron subvariant drives spike in cases and deaths in Portugal | Omicron variant | The Guardian