ghinzani

Campervan field solo

So got a ticket for the 50th in my 50th year. Got a campervan ticket too. Even been offered the loan of a friends Transit dayvan. Unfortunately my mates I've always been with didnt get tickets so I am heading there on my own (although will be family & people I know there). However I will be on my own with the Camper . Aim to get there on the Tuesday. Anybody envision any issues or suggest things I might need to take into consideration? Last time I was in the campervan field was the 2000's with a 1970s brown and orange trailer tent, I guess things have moved on a bit. 

Wouldn't think so. As long as you have something to get water, a roller etc, you'll be fine. Maybe a flag pole and lights to help find your van at the end of the night /morning.

10 hours ago, ghinzani said:

Last time I was in the campervan field was the 2000's with a 1970s brown and orange trailer tent, I guess things have moved on a bit. 

I don't think the campervan fields have moved on. Maybe expanded a bit, perhaps more modern vehicles, but likely to be very much as you remember them. They're just fields, with water points and portaloos, and the odd food stall. Remember where you're parked, make friends with your neighbours, you'll be fine.

8 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I don't think the campervan fields have moved on. Maybe expanded a bit, perhaps more modern vehicles

Fuck that. I’ll be bringing a 1973 caravan. Mainly to embarrass you. 

Edited by whitehorses

On 11/29/2019 at 10:32 AM, grumpyhack said:

It must qualify as a suitable campervan - Glastonbury's definition here https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/#suitablefittedfacilities

Also worth taking some levelling chocks.

Fiamma Van Levelling Chocks  Pair

Yep its got a day bed, leisure battery  & leccy points and a microwave and TV, should pass as all carpeted etc. Good shout on the chocs, got a set from my old race van somewhere I can use.

7 hours ago, ghinzani said:

Yep its got a day bed, leisure battery  & leccy points and a microwave and TV, should pass as all carpeted etc. Good shout on the chocs, got a set from my old race van somewhere I can use.

There are no electric hook ups and I'm not sure how long the leisure battery will last powering a microwave.  I save mine for the TV.

Brave Sir Robin is absolutely right about making friends with your neighbours. We've made some great friends over the years from our time in CV East and look forward to a meet up every year.  Also remember if you are going with friends in another camper you need to meet up beforehand and go in together as you can't reserve spots for later arrivals.

Edited by grumpyhack

9 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

There are no electric hook ups and I'm not sure how long the leisure battery will last powering a microwave.  I save mine for the TV.

Brave Sir Robin is absolutely right about making friends with your neighbours. We've made some great friends over the years from our time in CV East and look forward to a meet up every year.  Also remember if you are going with friends in another camper you need to meet up beforehand and go in together as you can't reserve spots for later arrivals.

Yep no intention of using the microwave but may take a solar panel in the vain hope the sun helps keep the leisure battery topped up.
Unfortunately all my other friends who were going to come in the camper failed to get tickets, hoping something happens in the resale though. Do have friends who are non-camper going though. As you say looking forward to meeting new neighbours, aim to get in on the Tuesday and not leave till Monday. If you are going you might as well make the most of it, eh?

well it certainly looks like they packed them in a bit cozy in 2004.....

my experience of the last few years is that you may get a bit more ball room than back then...

As you stated, turn up on the tuesday, make the most of your week and have a great festival....!

• Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 7:53 AM, carlosj said:

Wouldn't think so. As long as you have something to get water, a roller etc, you'll be fine. Maybe a flag pole and lights to help find your van at the end of the night /morning.

Flagpole a great idea, complete with St Pirans flag. I'd never thought of lights though, thats a smart idea, maybe an LED coloured garden light. 

On 11/29/2019 at 7:53 AM, carlosj said:

These things are cheaper than I anticipated too
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aquaroll-Hitchman-Economy-Litre-Carrier/dp/B07P6L48HQ/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=water+roller&qid=1575864945&sr=8-10