Whats changed in 7 years?

Glastonbury fomo has got me looking for something last minute. Looking at the line up the undercard has some cool stuff.

The last time I went to Latitude was for the one day to see Bon Iver back in 2012, but I did the two full weekends in 2010 and 2011.

For the regulars, are there any notable changes in the last 7 years? I'm talking round the site, atmosphere, demographic etc.

Looking at the line ups, superficially at least it looks much more radio friendly than it used to be which is what put me off going.

The biggest thing is probably the commercial ties. For example, the place where the poerty tent was is now a Carlsberg bar monstrosity. You will also notice lots more 'brand awareness' around. 

Also......last year, the arty stuff in the forest was severely lacking, like they had no money to invest in it. Which was crap.

What else......the comedy 'tent' is now an 'open plan' thing which is much better. And, last year, the food offering was MUCH better, due to them roping in Street Feast. 

Im not going this year for a variety of reasons. But, when Im at my shitty tribute weekend in a park here in Milton Keynes, I will miss the field in Henham Park greatly.....

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, retromoz said:

The biggest thing is probably the commercial ties. For example, the place where the poerty tent was is now a Carlsberg bar monstrosity. You will also notice lots more 'brand awareness' around. 

Also......last year, the arty stuff in the forest was severely lacking, like they had no money to invest in it. Which was crap.

What else......the comedy 'tent' is now an 'open plan' thing which is much better. And, last year, the food offering was MUCH better, due to them roping in Street Feast. 

Im not going this year for a variety of reasons. But, when Im at my shitty tribute weekend in a park here in Milton Keynes, I will miss the field in Henham Park greatly.....

Thanks, I remember sheltering in the pissing rain in the poetry tent one year so seems apt they swapped it with a tent serving cups of piss.

On that note is there anything that resembles and ale or craft beer or is lager all they have?

It's unlikely I'll make it myself but this years line up has me taking notice again.

8 hours ago, 1986 said:

Thanks, I remember sheltering in the pissing rain in the poetry tent one year so seems apt they swapped it with a tent serving cups of piss.

On that note is there anything that resembles and ale or craft beer or is lager all they have?

It's unlikely I'll make it myself but this years line up has me taking notice again.

They have fake cider, which is criminal considering Aspalls is just up the road. Not sure about ale. 

It’s most of them, not by the Comedy arena or in the woods if I remember correctly. 

Adnams spirits have been on sale for a while, but never seen the ale there before.

There’s also a pint brewed in Henham Park itself - Hectors - but not sure if you can still get it.

The booze offering is really poor. Just Carlsberg and Sommersby and a limited amount of the Wherry cask (always runs out by Sunday).  Ridiculous that they've not moved with the times to have a decent craft larger or IPA. People would pay slightly more for it.

Also agree about the art stuff in the forest but other than that it's similar. More and better smaller bands/artists. The food is really solid now. The village store was an actual co-op last year.

Edited by mydogminton