Craft Beer

feral chile

• 7 months later...

What do people think about this trend where the ales seem to be moving from bottles to cans? I went to my local beer shop today to see half (average price £3.50) bottles have gone to be replaced by fancy looking cans costing £6-7.

The cans didn't have pricing so when the lady asked if I wanted to spend £7 on a can of beer, it went quickly back to the shelf!

7 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

What do people think about this trend where the ales seem to be moving from bottles to cans? I went to my local beer shop today to see half (average price £3.50) bottles have gone to be replaced by fancy looking cans costing £6-7.

The cans didn't have pricing so when the lady asked if I wanted to spend £7 on a can of beer, it went quickly back to the shelf!

I think canned ale keeps the right level of fizz (ie. not very much) better than bottled ale. But the fact it's usually at a notably higher price is annoying.

You can take cans to festies though!

On 10/26/2019 at 5:45 PM, pink_triangle said:

The cans seem to be getting smaller as in 330ml size. 

On 10/27/2019 at 6:52 PM, Rufus Gwertigan said:

The cans seem to be getting smaller as in 330ml size. 

I've seen something about 250 ml cans too now. Far too small unless it's 9% or so.