Underground Piano Bar...

Deadendfriends8

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 20/05/2017 at 2:13 PM, Keva said:

Found it on the Thursday in 2015. It wasn't finished and a guy came out with a megaphone saying he didn't know a 'secret piano bar' was.

Went back the next night and there was a massive queue.

Though 'sod that'.. so left it.

Do u remember what time you went back on the Friday?

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Ooooh thats so exciting! And then u climb through the pipes?

Indeed you do.

Edit: That picture was taken mid afternoon on the Wednesday in 2013. I think they were telling everyone there had been a chemical spillage at the time. I was passing on the Friday or Saturday around dusk with only half a dozen or so people outside, but was still being told it was closed. I ignored the guy, got in and found it rammed inside so left after only about 15 minutes.

Edited by musky

11 minutes ago, musky said:

Indeed you do.

Edit: That picture was taken mid afternoon on the Wednesday in 2013. I think they were telling everyone there had been a chemical spillage at the time. I was passing on the Friday or Saturday around dusk with only half a dozen or so people outside, but was still being told it was closed. I ignored the guy, got in and found it rammed inside so left after only about 15 minutes.

Aaah so they really do lie about it being closed. What did you do....just push past him? Or did he not try and stop you

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Aaah so they really do lie about it being closed. What did you do....just push past him? Or did he not try and stop you

Oh he definitely tried to stop me.

Him: "It's not open yet."

Me: (Eying small group hanging around the entrance) "It's ok, I'll wait."

Him: "You can't. It's not open yet."

At this point a few more people wandered up, diverting his attention slightly. At the same time some of those in the queue start disappearing down the pipe. He gave up trying to convince me it wasn't open and started up with the people who'd just arrived.

I've been told it's not finished or not open yet every single time I've asked.

4 minutes ago, musky said:

At this point a few more people wandered up, diverting his attention slightly. At the same time some of those in the queue start disappearing down the pipe. He gave up trying to convince me it wasn't open and started up with the people who'd just arrived.

Haha, this does seem to be the standard line they give. I did pop back last year but the queue was massive and I've got better things to do with my time.

2 minutes ago, musky said:

Good to know. He def sounds like a tricky customer! Best to head over before it gets dark then? Maybe before the subs are on? Gonna have a hunt around for it on Thursday anyway! Even tho it sounds like its not worth the effort :lol:

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Good to know. He def sounds like a tricky customer! Best to head over before it gets dark then? Maybe before the subs are on? Gonna have a hunt around for it on Thursday anyway! Even tho it sounds like its not worth the effort :lol:

Don't get me wrong, it's an experience and one which is worth doing if there's no queue but you'd probably only spend an hour or two in there and to queue for a couple of hours before that makes it not worth it for me.

12 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Don't get me wrong, it's an experience and one which is worth doing if there's no queue but you'd probably only spend an hour or two in there and to queue for a couple of hours before that makes it not worth it for me.

I agree, two hours would be ridiculous! I'm going to try it early doors :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Can't really say what is the best time to get in as that was the only time I managed it. :lol:

Thinking about it, if it was the Saturday that would have been just before the Stones played. Might explain why there wasn't much of a queue.

1 hour ago, cammie81 said:

Excellent, thanks. Seems hard to miss but looked last year near the stone dragon and couldn't see it. This year. Even if I don't get in I just want to find it.

You were very close - wonder will it be in the same place again...  Has been there every year since at least 09, but you never know.  It used to be elsewhere, I could imagine them shifting things further from the SE area

31 minutes ago, Horror85 said:

3 pages deep. Sounds like some jumped up hipster nonsense, that isn't worth anything unless you care about retweets or anything social media based that people hold in high regard.

Maybe...but I can guarentee I won't be anywhere near any form of social media for the entire five days, and I still want to go have a look! I've just got it into my head now and I won't be happy till I know where it is. I meant to look last year but forgot until Sunday afternoon, and by then the mud was such that I couldn't be bothered.....I then had a dream the following week in which I'd found it and it was full of cadbury's creme eggs. 

31 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Maybe...but I can guarentee I won't be anywhere near any form of social media for the entire five days, and I still want to go have a look! I've just got it into my head now and I won't be happy till I know where it is. I meant to look last year but forgot until Sunday afternoon, and by then the mud was such that I couldn't be bothered.....I then had a dream the following week in which I'd found it and it was full of cadbury's creme eggs. 

It's worth going to have a look, Sas - it's nice to know you've seen it, given it's pseudo-mythical status. As a creation, it's pretty impressive and very Glastonbury. The reputation for the guys who run it is mostly well-placed, but they're harmless. We went in at about 5am one Saturday morning, I think. The dishevelled druid on the door was a bit of an arse, but mainly as he was off his tits (in my humble medical opinion!). Once inside...well, I'll leave that as you should go, and have your own experience, without preconceptions.

For me, I'm glad I've been. I almost certainly won't go again and, like all things at Glastonbury, please don't 'waste' your time queuing...at least not for any length of time. Go at stupid o'clock and you'll likely wait less time.

Ben
x