Greenpeace Showers Opening Hours?

FrankieX

I'm going by train this year, so I feel I owe it to every passenger who didn't spend a week in a field to shower on Sunday at the very least. My problem is that my Clashfinder seems pretty packed on Sunday and there's literally no way I'll be awake early enough to get there in the morning. Which brings me to my question: What time do they actually close in the evening?

I don't know but would suspect that there would be a queue most of the time when you think how many people are on site and how many (few) showers.  I know my daughter said that she couldn't believe that people were queuing for a shower first thing Thursday morning!  And they queued for about an hour then I think!  

I'm just going to be smelly I think - far better things to do than queue for a shower (unless anyone can tell me I'm wrong?)

5 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I'm just going to be smelly I think - far better things to do than queue for a shower (unless anyone can tell me I'm wrong?)

For me, it's not just or even mainly about being smelly - it's that a shower a few days into Festival can totally refresh the way you're feeling.

I don't remember what exact time they close, but I've used them as late as 7pm in the past with little or no queue at that time.

Just now, incident said:

For me, it's not just or even mainly about being smelly - it's that a shower a few days into Festival can totally refresh the way you're feeling.

I don't remember what exact time they close, but I've used them as late as 7pm in the past with little or no queue at that time.

While I'm sitting here at my computer, it sounds like a great idea.  In reality at that time I know that the last thing I will want to do is to go  back to my tent, find my shower stuff, trudge to the showers etc.  I'll just want to carry on having a good time and sod the consequences!  Even though last time I felt dead by Sunday, and it might well have made me feel better, I would've been scared to miss out!  Maybe if I could put time on hold?

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

I don't know but would suspect that there would be a queue most of the time when you think how many people are on site and how many (few) showers.  I know my daughter said that she couldn't believe that people were queuing for a shower first thing Thursday morning!  And they queued for about an hour then I think!  

I've been up to the showers a couple of times, seen the queue and thought fuck it, smelly wins lol. 

did have a shower once while i was waiting on friends waking up and felt amazing after it. not worth waiting a couple hours in a queue for though, a good wipe with femfresh, a brushing of the teeth and right to the bar will do nicely :D 

1 hour ago, stardustjunkie said:

I might head down there early one morning if they're open. Is it private enough or do you need a bikini? 

I have a feeling I have read that some of them may be less than private but have no real idea, sorry.

8 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

To be honest I have never seen much people standing there because i think not many people are aware of them.. 

There aren't queues because the Greenpeace showers give out numbered tickets, and you can then go elsewhere. I know in the early afternoon there's often maybe about 2 hours or so between getting your ticket and your number actually being called.

I've showered every year at the kids one and never queued. I've been walking past and noticed no queue and ducked inside and borrow some lost and found hair stuff and soaps! Only downside is drip dry one and putting back on old clothes but they never that dirty anyway. I always shaker Thursday because I get so sweaty carrying in our stuff on Wed