Glastonbury Guest List.. Is there such thing ?

adamg1602

10 minutes ago, barcelonista1899 said:

The system is open to abuse though, there were a fair few fake trader tickets being used last year to gain entry.

The fakes going round last year (or at least - the ones that got detected and surprisingly widely circulated) were Market tickets. Not sure how many of the people using those would have actually got entry on them though - once you were familiar with the genuine tickets, the fakes were fairly easy to spot without even having to look at them up close. I was on Gate A on the Thursday 6am-2pm shift, and we picked up quite a few people trying it - a group of about 20ish tried to go through all 3 staff lanes at once (2 pedestrian and one wide load) and all 3 lanes caught the fakes straight away which virtually shut down that part of the gate for a while and caused a huge backlog.

Hate to think how much that group wasted on tickets+travel that they couldn't use.

my brother last year with a mate, my brother got in, his mate got stopped as his ticket was a fake (as was my brothers) so a drive down from the North West for 2 minutes of being inside Glasto

btw my brother didn't know they were fakes before he went otherwise he wouldnt have gone

Bear in mind that there are different wristbands for different things, so you need a ticket/ letter to get on site which gets you one sort of wristband, and another one for each area/ day. So a band might have agreed a guest list which includes tickets to get people on site, but also some people on their guest list might be bands playing on different stages or different days so they will only need a pass for that particular stage/ day. 

I can probably answer this question fairly well. I'm lucky enough to be on the Eavis' Guest List every year, but I still get a physical ticket sent to me before hand for general entry. Any other wristbands/laminates are collected on site.

There are some 'lists'. As mentioned by others, those performing all have the tickets/wristbands/laminates sent out before hand to their desired attendees, but those staying in the theatre and circus field for example, will have to collect theirs from a booth just by the entrance to the camping field by giving their name and the acts name.

However in regards to actual guests (of performers/Eavis family) all tickets are physical and must be collected before entry.

• 6 years later...

I’m not sure if anyone can help me, but I’m on the ‘guest list’ or whatever you want to call it for this years festival.

my family member who’s in a band has stated that there are 2 weekend tickets saved for me and one other, with our names on them. We haven’t been sent any in the post and I assume we will have to collect them prior to then driving to the campsite we have chosen.

can anyone offer any insight as to—-

Where we will collect said tickets?

if this is even a thing? Or will I be driving to the festival only to drive home again🤣

3 minutes ago, Corkiflora said:

I’m not sure if anyone can help me, but I’m on the ‘guest list’ or whatever you want to call it for this years festival.

my family member who’s in a band has stated that there are 2 weekend tickets saved for me and one other, with our names on them. We haven’t been sent any in the post and I assume we will have to collect them prior to then driving to the campsite we have chosen.

can anyone offer any insight as to—-

if this is even a thing? Or will I be driving to the festival only to drive home again🤣

I've never had anything other than normal tickets so don't know for sure. However the Box Office for ticket collections is at Gate A (marked PGA on the map) so I would guess that's the place to go. I would check with the family member and get a definite answer from them?

4 minutes ago, Corkiflora said:

If tickets have been set aside in your name, then it'll be at one of the cabins at Gate A / Wicket Gate.

Normally for artist comps, physical (non photo) tickets are sent out in advance to the artist to distribute as they see fit but it's not unknown that they may end up being held for collection.

4 hours ago, Corkiflora said:

I assume we will have to collect them prior to then driving to the campsite we have chosen.

Im gonna assume what with the connections you have, you are referring to parking at one of the Glamping options.  You'll not be able to get to PGA by car.  Probably best to go to your Glamping, park up etc and then get a shuttle to PGA to get your tickets.  The difficulty will be if you are in Sticklinch which doesn't have a shuttle to PGA.