Y NOT FESTIVAL 2016

MommaSoph

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was mighty disappointed. Not a big fan of Editors.  Kelis dull last time I saw her. Seemed to provoke a bit of angry tweeting if that is anything to go by (it probably isn't).   Fun Lovin Criminals and Peter Hook will be festival fun though and it will be good to se Blossoms back.

Edited by ciderbus

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, thetime said:

Looking into this fest , mainly because of the editors.

What kind of length of set do the headliners get? 

Do they eventually do day tickets? I know they don't yet, thinking more if it doesn't sell out. 

Headliner is normally an hour, to an hour and a quarter. Subs get 40mins to an hour. Everyone else lower generally 30 mins

There are no current plans to sell day tickets for this year, although that may change if they still have tickets to sell closer to the event. But Y Not have sold a lot more tickets at this point than any other year so it's doubtful. I'd say after the next announcement this could be very close to selling out.

Its a festival that should really be experienced over the weekend. It's a grassroots, intimate festival. If you've done Glastonbury it reminds me a bit of the Park, Avalon Field, and/or Williams Green if there were stand alone festivals.

The beer/ale selection is great. Food selection is good. Enough going on at night after the acts as well.

Hi guys! just bought tickets for this year! first time at Y not but the line up was too good to miss out on! travelling all the way up from bristol, but for the price it's still a bargain!

Anyone with y not experience, is there an easy way of getting from matlock station to the festival site?
also, which camping areas would you recommend?
and as an absolute long shot, is anyone driving from bristol and got two seats free in their car? we're nice people (promise!) and would pay generously!

My trains from Edinburgh will go on sale in a few weeks and still unsure what time to book due to lack of info on shuttle buses (my only gripe but people do need to plan ahead!)

From last year can anybody answer the following questions:

Do they run on the Thursday, if so what time is the last bus to the site?
What time is the last bus on the Monday?
Do you get on your allocated bus or, like I found with TITP, is it just a free for all and 1st come 1st served?

• 2 weeks later...

Spent a few hours going through the bands I don't know and found some great music which I will definitely be adding to my watch list.  These are the stand outs for me: -

1. Sunset Sons
  2. Milky Chance
  3. Sundara Karma
  4. Fickle Friends
  5. Eliza and the Bear
  6. Lonely The Brave
  7. New Desert Blues
  8. Reigning Days

Can't beat finding new music! :-)

5 hours ago, lazzareo said:

Spent a few hours going through the bands I don't know and found some great music which I will definitely be adding to my watch list.  These are the stand outs for me: -

1. Sunset Sons
  2. Milky Chance
  3. Sundara Karma
  4. Fickle Friends
  5. Eliza and the Bear
  6. Lonely The Brave
  7. New Desert Blues
  8. Reigning Days

Can't beat finding new music! :-)

Eliza And The Bear are fantastic. Seen them live a couple times, Lonely The Brave are pretty good too, although when i saw them the singer was hiding at the side of the stage, not sure if it's a regular thing with him or was a one off, certainly an odd one though.

On 05/04/2016 at 6:19 PM, twigletstom said:

Hi guys! just bought tickets for this year! first time at Y not but the line up was too good to miss out on! travelling all the way up from bristol, but for the price it's still a bargain!

Anyone with y not experience, is there an easy way of getting from matlock station to the festival site?
and as an absolute long shot, is anyone driving from bristol and got two seats free in their car? we're nice people (promise!) and would pay generously!

Shuttle bus only from matlock. Although not far there is no public transport and the Friday queues last year were bearable but I wouldn't want to have been sat in a taxi with the meter running.

Details usually out nearer the time.

This was last year http:///festivals/Y-Not-Festival/travel.html

I think they were regular from Thurs early afternoon to late Monday but wouldn't swear to that.

On 4/5/2016 at 6:19 PM, twigletstom said:

If you are coming up on the Thursday, then a Taxi from Buxton or Matlock would be an option - not so much in the way of queues to get onto site.

On the Friday the bus would be the better bet - or leave it until closer to the time and take a gamble there will be someone on here who could offer a lift.

For the campsites, the family and quiet are civilized and well behaved places.  If you like your kip, and appreciate grass on the floor around your tent then these are the places to head to.

The other areas in places resemble the Sommes, if beer cans had been used for artillery.  The edges seem to be a little better.