Sziget 2016

Zero_Newnab

4 minutes ago, harold08 said:

When are we expecting a new line up announcement and how many acts are there to be announced roughly? Me and my friends have been to Benicassim the last few years and the year we change festival, Beni have a ridiculously good line up and Sziget isn't as good as I was expecting (although I can see there is much more to Sziget than just the music.) 

cheers all.

You're definitely gonna enjoy Sziget if you don't only care about the music. :)

http:///s/sz2016/ This is the clashfinder I did using the time on the app.

so there's still:

-MAYBE a day -1 headliner, or another act for the main stage if Die Antwoord headlines (that would be poor);
-3 A38 acts (the 2nd biggest stage, it's a tent) for day 1, and they are good spots (one who will clash with Manu Chao, I guess Sziget will put a good electro or rock act there), and two after the headliner (the 01:30 and 03:00 spots);
- 3 A38 acts on day 2, one clashing with Sigur Ros so won't watch regardless of the name, one too early and the 03:00 one;
- main stage opener and sub headliner for day 3! The sub could be interesting (Biffy maybe) + the 3 same A38 spots as the day before;
- One A38 act, clashing with Sia on day 4;
- The last 2 A38 spots of Sziget for day 5! Last year it was good with C2C and Sigma.

+ Acts for Telekom Party Arena and smaller stages :)

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Noeliam said:

You're definitely gonna enjoy Sziget if you don't only care about the music. :)

http:///s/sz2016/ This is the clashfinder I did using the time on the app.

so there's still:

-MAYBE a day -1 headliner, or another act for the main stage if Die Antwoord headlines (that would be poor);
-3 A38 acts (the 2nd biggest stage, it's a tent) for day 1, and they are good spots (one who will clash with Manu Chao, I guess Sziget will put a good electro or rock act there), and two after the headliner (the 01:30 and 03:00 spots);
- 3 A38 acts on day 2, one clashing with Sigur Ros so won't watch regardless of the name, one too early and the 03:00 one;
- main stage opener and sub headliner for day 3! The sub could be interesting (Biffy maybe) + the 3 same A38 spots as the day before;
- One A38 act, clashing with Sia on day 4;
- The last 2 A38 spots of Sziget for day 5! Last year it was good with C2C and Sigma.

+ Acts for Telekom Party Arena and smaller stages :)

Are the times stated on the clashfinder actual or just a prediction? Since I don't think they issued the actual schedule, right?

33 minutes ago, Bilbo Baggins said:

Are the times stated on the clashfinder actual or just a prediction? Since I don't think they issued the actual schedule, right?

The times are right for main stage, A38, world music stage and VOLT Petofi stage. > you can check them by putting ALL the bands "favorite" on the mobile application. Or just click on the star for the bands you like to see when they are playing.
Collosseum, Europe Stage and Telekom Party Arena timetables aren't out/ or wrong.

I'm also sure about Teapot Industries on lightstage (13h00).

please note that it can still change. They made some changes without notifying: boys noize date changed I think, as well as Quimby.

The Chemical Brothers * Tinie Tempah * Editors * BØRNS * BOY *Laidback Luke * Fedde Le Grand * Noisia * D-wayne * TUJAMO * Jay Hardway * YVES V * Snails * Wiwek * Stadiumx * Maduk ft MC Mota * Kasra * Breathe Carolina * Apster * Volt & State * Las Salinas * BLINDERS* 2EMPRESS * Nick Talos * Ravitez 

Well after this last announcement I kind of have my schedule.

Day -1: The Chemical Brothers, Die Antwoord, Tale Of Us. 
Day 0: Parov Stelar, Buika, Datsik, The Martinez Brothers, Teapot Industries. 
Day 1: Manu Chao, Unkle, Boys Noize, Bastille (maybe), Editors if no clash.
Day 2: Muse, Sigur Ros, BMTH (maybe), Excision.
Day 3: Sum 41. Maybe Borns, Bloc Party and Wilkinson.
Day 4: M83, Chvrches, Noel Gallagher, Tourist, Tesco Disco. 
Day 5: TLSP, Aurora, John Digweed, Noisia, Thy Veils. Maybe Crystal Castles if they move the latter by miracle.

Fine for me. Day 3 really sucks but Sum 41 is gonna be a great moment personally. Day 1 could be excellent if Editors don't clash with Manu Chao, despite whatever people say. 5 diverse names. Day 4 is special for me but nothing beats Sigur Ros > Muse.

8 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Well after this last announcement I kind of have my schedule.

Day -1: The Chemical Brothers, Die Antwoord, Tale Of Us. 
Day 0: Parov Stelar, Buika, Datsik, The Martinez Brothers, Teapot Industries. 
Day 1: Manu Chao, Unkle, Boys Noize, Bastille (maybe), Editors if no clash.
Day 2: Muse, Sigur Ros, BMTH (maybe), Excision.
Day 3: Sum 41. Maybe Borns, Bloc Party and Wilkinson.
Day 4: M83, Chvrches, Noel Gallagher, Tourist, Tesco Disco. 
Day 5: TLSP, Aurora, John Digweed, Noisia, Thy Veils. Maybe Crystal Castles if they move the latter by miracle.

Fine for me. Day 3 really sucks but Sum 41 is gonna be a great moment personally. Day 1 could be excellent if Editors don't clash with Manu Chao, despite whatever people say. 5 diverse names. Day 4 is special for me but nothing beats Sigur Ros > Muse.

Yeah Day 3 is dreadful. But still, Oscar and the Wolf could be alright, and might as well check out Bloc Party. I will just be in the A-38 for all of that day. 

The addition of Editors in the A-38 is really good, but not sure about the crowd. Out of the over 100 people i know going to Sziget, no one seems to have heard of Manu Chao, never mind planning on going watching him. But they aren't the kind of people who would go and watch Editors either. 

I'll just sit around and get drunk and badger people into trying the Rooster testicle stew. 

I saw a topic in the Glastonbury forum that might be interesting. The deal was to make groups and exchange mixtapes from artists playing Glastonbury. It's not really possible as we're from all around the world, and making groups is useless as we're not as many as them. I'll post a few links with my favorite bands and also smaller ones. I'll take time in listening to all of your proposals :) Whether it's a live or album version, show us something impressive or discover something new.

Edited by Noeliam

1- Teapot Industries. They'll play on the lightstage at 1pm on the 11th. No excuse to miss them. Check this video. Their other songs are impressive, and what's even more impressive is that they make all the sounds live (no pre-recording) and they are only two. Andrea, the singer, uses an arcadetar and it's beautiful.

2- Sigur Ros. Unmissable. They are so amazing, create the kind of atmosphere to let you fly. The only concern I have is that they'll be playing between BMTH and Muse; I'm sure the people of Sziget don't camp out all day for a band but I'm afraid to not have a complete silence. Anyway, this is my favorite version of my favorite song from them. They probably won't play it (didn't at Primavera) but it's a good idea of how they play.

3- Manu Chao. A lot of controversy around him but it's gonna be a party regardless. I'll watch him over Editors cos' I like him since a very long time. It's the first time I can actually see him. His live is great, with impros, jam, dancing, and he doesn't hesitate to talk about his socio-political point of view! I can't wait to sing along "Clandestino".

4- Thy Veils. I guess most of you here don't know them, it's a reason to watch this clip. It's very calm and I don't know if you'd want them over Crystal Castles, but I'll say goodbye to the Chill Garden there before partying with Noisia. Check it!

5- M83. My favorite artist. Check this sax solo!

5 is enough for now :)