Mushroom Capsules

TheWineguy

Damn I'd have loved to have found that shell this year.

It makes me sad to read about people having bad experiences at glastonbury. It only happens because they have anxiety about what they are about to do, rather than feeling excitement for the journey they are about to embark upon. Understandable I suppose, especially if you havent done it before as there are a lot of scare stories around. But I would urge anyone to give it a try if they are a generally relaxed and happy person. 

And the best bit is you feel as fresh as a daisy in the morning, apart from aching cheeks from where you have laughed harder than you ever have before...

Yeah being sore from laughing is a nice feeling!

I've had one particularly bad trip when I was a youngster and I thought I was drowning in a car park full of snow at night, but I think you can learn to handle it fairly quickly as long as you don't try to fight it, aren't self-conscious, don't have any major worries on your mind and have nothing to do for about 12-24 hours.

Glastonbury is packed with areas of all sizes to have mini adventures on acid that look ridiculous to any onlooker, but are amazing craic when you're taking part. 

I looked extensively this year for the lady with the space cakes we got last year in the Avalon Field but to no avail. She was in her 50s (guess), dressed in proper hippy clothes, had blonde dreadlocks and sold white chocolate hash cakes that were seriously strong and still delish. I thought we'd eventually find her but probably would have had a better chance if we'd sat still for a few hours on Thursday near Avalon and waited to see if she passed by.

Did anyone get any this year?

Edited by Space Shanty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall finding a large ceramic shell in a sandpit somewhere near the Greenpeace Field (I think) one year, and it had wave noises coming out of a speaker inside it. It was about 4am and 3 of us lay there til about 7am having one of the best trips of my life. We all seemed to snap out of it at around the same time and doddled back to the tent loving life.

They will have been the Nautilus Shells made by Owen, a friend of mine. He used to put them on a beach that he created in the Green Futures field. He's not been there for about 5 years now. Last time he did it he had a nightmare grash just before Street where the A361 meets the A39. A lorry crashed into the side of his bus scattering everything everywhere.

shells.jpg

They will have been the Nautilus Shells made by Owen, a friend of mine. He used to put them on a beach that he created in the Green Futures field. He's not been there for about 5 years now. Last time he did it he had a nightmare grash just before Street where the A361 meets the A39. A lorry crashed into the side of his bus scattering everything everywhere.

shells.jpg

* btw, they are fibreglass :)

Those shells are amazing.

Space Shanty- yes. Very good they were too.

Gutted to hear they are no more.. was everything ruined in the crash?

We need to get those shells back!

Something so simple yet just so Glasto

Had half a tab of lucy at last year's festival, was amazing, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The music appreciation was great, I'm a big wanderer on it, and it's a nice place to wander, and the fox playing the violin was pretty cool. Haven't done shrooms, but not sure about them at Glastonbury, I feel like the music part of LSD is a big bonus at a festival.

I've never candyflipped though, how is it? I normally need a joint to calm my brain down a bit on LSD, while the happiness sounds cool, I'm not sure I'd want to accelerate my brain even faster. Or do you just combine all three?

I've always been apprehensive about taking shrooms or acid, as, even though I'm generally an optimistic, confident and happy person, there are always little doubts, insecurities, and demons that gnaw quietly away deep in my subconscious. I'd think that going on a trip would just open the gates of Hades and I'd be in all sorts of bother.

However, I am fascinated by the universe, spirituality, and how everything is connected, and I'm a huge fan of Joe Rogan, Bill Hicks etc. and they have said that psychedelics are the ultimate way to find your true self, your place in the cosmos and to lift the veil of lies that covers our existence.

Conflicted...

Take some bud with you (helps to slow down the mind), some good music on your phone (live music is best, but where needs must), would recommend including Seargent pepper/White Album/Revolver/The Wall, and to a lesser extent, DSOTM, full albums on there. Also, bring some etizolam or similar (etizolam is probably best though, legal, used medically in some developed countries, not too long half life) for if you need to abort (it's a thienodiazepine, so related to benzos, but shorter half life and legal). 1 for relaxation/potential sleep, 2 for almost certain sleep.

Don't do more than a single tab (I'd go with acid for first foray, no experience with shrooms as said above, but easier to dose), but at least a half tab. Remember, it comes in waves, this'll become very apparent. You'll alternate, 5-30 minutes of tripping then 5-30 minutes of relative sobriety. The amount of tripping will increase more and more as you reach the middle, then will start decreasing as you begin to reach the end. You have some element of control over the length of each of these waves, but not a lot.

You'll start properly feeling it within 1-2 hours, peaking after 4-6.

Make sure to do it with people you fully trust, and who definitely wouldn't do things like mess with people while they're on psychedelics/hallucinogens. I'd rather trip alone (and have, many times) than do LSD around someone who does that.

I'd strongly recommend it. Let me know if you wanna know anything further :)

Edited by eoJ