best place for old school dance music?

myers

I'm looking to spend a bit more time around The Common etc this year,

does anyone know if any of the acts, Djs, play more old school type dance ,

I've seen mike pickering at bezs acid house, and micky finn at the temple that I'm really looking forward too! but i don't recognise many other Djs, well outa touch with that scene nowadays!  aged 40 now and just looking for a few goosebump moments from the old days ! haha, 

any advise appreciated. I'm thinking like 1992 kind off old school.dance.. Maxines,wigan pier,the eclipse,kinetic, that kinda thing ,thanks

see you thursday for 2 bad mice. ill be in a Remix records t-shirt.

yeah Davos is a must.  tony ross in bezs acid house saturday, but that clashes with Vinyl junkie

sadly these are all old school hardcore stuff, (maybe not tony ross), so old skool piano hosue liek maximes played in much more unlikely.  gap in the market....

see you at the front

thanks for the replies...  yes i remember one or 2 names now,  been watching a few of the DJs mentioned... ill definitely be at london udergound for nicky blackmarket and 2 blind mice! see you there e_p.. ill look out for you! 

just watched a Mark Archer set on youtube!!!   be seeing him at the cave on saturday night now for sure!!! can't wait! 

2 Bad Mice, Nicky Blackmarket, 808 State, Dj Pierre, Fast Eddie Live. Mark Archer and Mike Pickering is the only clash really. Not sure whether Mike will play a Hac set anyway.

thanks for that ...  it'll be mark archer for me after listening to his sets 

see you thursday for 2 bad mice. ill be in a Remix records t-shirt.

yeah Davos is a must.  tony ross in bezs acid house saturday, but that clashes with Vinyl junkie

sadly these are all old school hardcore stuff, (maybe not tony ross), so old skool piano hosue liek maximes played in much more unlikely.  gap in the market....

see you at the front

Did you go Maximes fella?

How busy do you think Thursday will be for Nicky blackmarket, 2 bad mice & hyper on experience? I fancy this but if the queues are massive like the frankie knuckles tribute last year I am going to have to get there early

what time would you think be best too make sure off getting in without massive queues? 

Last year I was sat in a field next door to get there nice and early, lost track of time got there with half hour to go and the place was rammed, not a chance of getting in, not sure if this will be as popular but just don't want to miss it

i met my wife at maxines probably 20 years ago now ! shit! 

I went the last Saturday of every month for years. Used to love it. Found a load of old Maximes tapes the other day. I preferred Maximes to Bowlers by far. 

no, but lots of other northern clubs.

Did anyone go Step Back @ The Music Box and Academy?

Last year I was sat in a field next door to get there nice and early, lost track of time got there with half hour to go and the place was rammed, not a chance of getting in, not sure if this will be as popular but just don't want to miss it

ahhh right, yes i was planning on hanging around a bar close by and going maybe an hour before or so... might have to be there earlier! 

I went the last Saturday of every month for years. Used to love it. Found a load of old Maximes tapes the other day. I preferred Maximes to Bowlers by far. 

Did anyone go Step Back @ The Music Box and Academy?

yeah used to go maxines all the time, if not there wigan pier... loved it back then !  yeah i went to bowlers a lot aswell.. like you i probably preferred maxines.. later on i noticed a lot more dickheads at maxines though... seen a lot of fights outside etc.. never seen any trouble at bowlers even though it was bigger and more central?