Glastonbury festival is 'over' according to Harvey Goldsmith

I think Rammstein could headline the Other stage, but it would be a bit pointless seeing as they really need to play the biggest stage in order to fit on all their stage sets and props etc.

I saw Nine Inch Nails headline the Other stage in 2000 and while it was a great gig and went down a storm, the crowd wasn't that massive, and I'd say that they are a better known band than Rammstein in the UK, with more songs everyone knows, so I doubt Rammstein could pull in a big enough crowd to headline the Pyramid.

would still love to seem there though!

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness they did manage to squeak in at the bottom of the last.fm top 150 this week....But then I realised that was worldwide so probably not fair - so I look at the UK figures no Rammstein sorry, no dice.Not a headliner, definitively answered by the internets. You're welcome to continue this argument with last.fm and hundreds of thousands of listeners but it's a bit done here. Can we get back on topic now?

Last.FM eh? You're trying to use last.FM to back up your argument? Pahahahaha, how old are you? Lasr Tracks mainly streaming these days iirc not to mention it pretty much 99% only records connected digital listening, not music played in cars, on mp3 players etc - Rammstein dont do streaming, no I don't know why either but they don't so that's probably your answer. Also I'm not 10, I also don't need the NME to tell me what to like and I don't do Last.FM like billions of other people around the world so again you're clutching at straws and making assumptions and if the UK followed what last recommended then we'd be no doubt facing headlines from Little Mix, The Saturdays and an exclusive comeback tour from JLS...

You still haven't explained how owing to their lack of popularity how they sell out arenas every time they come to the UK,as they do everywhere else in the world after all apparently nobody listens to them and no one buys their albums and yet the tours keep selling out in minutes...

You seem to think that your limited knowledge of the band is better than mine, they proverbial brick wall has obviously caused you some kind of brain damage because I've seen the crowds they pull in for myself - you haven't! Wouldn't go down well at Glasto? Again that's your opinion and nothing more than your opinion based on your musical taste and ignorance!

Oh and btw a few years back some friends went to Vegas - got a text saying who should we see in town, Kylie or Rammstein both are playing the same night. I suggested Rammstein, these lads had never been to rock gig never mind a Rammstein, didn't know a single song until they heard 'that one in xXx' one and were blown away by the show, they loved it.

But then again you clearly know better don't you....

But then again you clearly know better don't you....

You're the man who said Rammstein should be headlining Glastonbury.

And yet you refuse to recognise any of the facts for why they haven't.

But you know best, yeah? :lol:

You can bang on all you like aboutnb the tickets they sell, but they sell a hell of a less - a tiny fraction - than the Foos who are headlining Glastonbury.

They sell much fewer than Kanye.

They sell fewer than The Who.

And for the Foos, Kanye, and The Who, just about everyone has heard of them no matter how old they are or how much attention they pay towards music, whilst I'd guess that far fewer than one in ten has heard of Rammstein and fewer than one in a hundred has knowingly heard their music.

Simple fact is, just about any act towards the top of the line-ups on Glastonbury's 6 most-major stages would be accepted as headliner before Rammstein.

Nothing of that is a comment on how good or not Rammstein might be. It's just a comment on how known they are - not much.

Edited by eFestivals

You're the man who said Rammstein should be headlining Glastonbury.

And yet you refuse to recognise any of the facts for why they haven't.

But you know best, yeah? :lol:

You can bang on all you like aboutnb the tickets they sell, but they sell a hell of a less - a tiny fraction - than the Foos who are headlining Glastonbury.

They sell much fewer than Kanye.

They sell fewer than The Who.

And for the Foos, Kanye, and The Who, just about everyone has heard of them no matter how old they are or how much attention they pay towards music, whilst I'd guess that far fewer than one in ten has heard of Rammstein and fewer than one in a hundred has knowingly heard their music.

Simple fact is, just about any act towards the top of the line-ups on Glastonbury's 6 most-major stages would be accepted as headliner before Rammstein.

Nothing of that is a comment on how good or not Rammstein might be. It's just a comment on how known they are - not much.

Eh?

Am artist can only sell as many tickets as a venue can hold, there's only so many venues large enough to hold the demand of the biggest acts, Rammstein sell out the very same venues the likes of The Foo's ,West and Who do! You seriously recon Rudimental, Chemicals, DeadmusDeadmus, Hot Chip etc would currently sell out an arena tour?

FFS? Suede? Enter Shikari? SFA Arenas? Your having a laugh!

Even the 2nd headliners on the Pyramid would struggle currently with a stadium tour probably only Williams would stand a chance.

Oh and btw I'm not degrading the above either, other than Florence I've seen the lot of em live at some point, mostly at Academy sized venues.

PS: even the likes of Imagine Dragons sell more UK arena tickets than Rammstein.

Are Imagine Dragons the next Glasto headliner? :D

What utter tosh! Have imagine dragons sold out yet? Er no even standing tickets are still available at most if not all arenas. That has to be one of the most ill thought out tours going, there's going to be a hellnof a lot of sheeting covering those empty blocks....

Eh?

Am artist can only sell as many tickets as a venue can hold, there's only so many venues large enough to hold the demand of the biggest acts,

an act can't over-sell the venue, but it can book another date ... and does, if there's the demand. :rolleyes:

Rammstein sell out the very same venues the likes of The Foo's ,West and Who do! You seriously recon Rudimental, Chemicals, DeadmusDeadmus, Hot Chip etc would currently sell out an arena tour?

yeah, which is why Rammstein have a bunch of Wembley Stadium shows this summer, right....? :P

FFS? Suede? Enter Shikari? SFA Arenas? Your having a laugh!

read what I said, and not what your prejudices had you see instead. :rolleyes:

Even the 2nd headliners on the Pyramid would struggle currently with a stadium tour

Paul Weller sells more arena tickets than Rammstein. :rolleyes:

Paloma Faith sells more arena tickets than Rammstien.

And Flo ...? Is currently what Rammstein will never be. Hugely popular.

And just in case you're thinking I'm a fan sucked up my own arse with my mouth full of shit - like you - I have no interest whatsoever in any of the acts i've referenced back at you. I'm simply calling out your small-minded bollocks for what it is. :)

What utter tosh! Have imagine dragons sold out yet? Er no even standing tickets are still available at most if not all arenas. That has to be one of the most ill thought out tours going, there's going to be a hellnof a lot of sheeting covering those empty blocks....

Have Rammstein sold out their UK tickets? Nope, they've not even played here for two years, such is the demand for them. :P

The time and effort you're putting into this is perversely admirable.

If Rammstein put this much effort into making decent records they could headline Glastonbury.

(Is this the niche thread or is that the other one?)

Stadiums?

Yes Stadiums, they haven't done them in the UK admittedly but they do in other countries, besides how often have the Foo's done Stadium? I've seen em well into double figures and yet do see em on a stadium tour which the one a couple of weeks ago I think was the 1st time they toured stadium's (note toured not played). Oh and yes I had tickets for Manchester but sold them on once they were confirmed the week after for Glasto.

Have Rammstein sold out their UK tickets? Nope, they've not even played here for two years, such is the demand for them. :P

They haven't toured since 2012 - that was the last album release, last played to 90k 2013 Download.

How often has Paloma even done arenas? Once - this year, rest of the time its been Apollo and Academy Venue's - seen her 3 times btw,none at an arena - missus likes her!

How many times has the Foo's added another date? Do you think that you can just ring up the venue and say 'oh tickets are going well, can we book the day after too?' 'We'll just shuffle all the other dates around to fit' ...

And what's so prejudice about the other acts eh? They don't fill stadiums, simple as. FFS might if the album is well received, both parts are quality acts but currently their limit is the 3-6k venues.

You seem to think that I'm one sided with my musical taste fella, if I was then why do you think I'm going to Glasto in a few weeks and not Download this? I've probably seen in the region of 300+ DIFFERENT bands, singers etc over the past decade even excluding those I've seen at many festivals, I dread to add up the amount of money I've spent over the years going to gigs - most are at the likes of union type bars, academies or apollos and it isn't often that a band sells out those size venues completely every time either is it?

Putting this back on track there's plenty of acts that could still headline as long as they can fill arenas, many won't be your or my taste but like it or not, they sell the tickets just the same as the band you weirdly insist don't despite clearly never been to one of their gigs...

How many times has the Foo's added another date? Do you think that you can just ring up the venue and say 'oh tickets are going well, can we book the day after too?' 'We'll just shuffle all the other dates around to fit' ...

Well they provisionally keep the date free just in case the demand is more than expected....

In fact Foo Fighters did exactly that the first time they played Wembley, ended up adding a second night after the demand took them by surprise.

Well they provisionally keep the date free just in case the demand is more than expected....

In fact Foo Fighters did exactly that the first time they played Wembley, ended up adding a second night after the demand took them by surprise.

Cause they do, it isn't like they can throw their gear into the back of a van and nip down to the next pub to set up is it. Its all a big marketing ploys, anyone who does gigs a lot knows the pattern for it happening - 3 days to the next/after the last venue that's just 80 miles down the road, no other act curreny booked on the date before or after etc. Personally I'm of the view that AC/DC were lined up at some point for Glasto, Coachella was done, they were scheduled for Europe at the right time, lack of actual UK gigs (just 2 mainland), probable final tour so either Download or Glasto would be def interested in trying to get them.

And generally the Glasto headliners have.

Perhaps mull over that fact for a while?

Really? When did West do a stadium tour of the UK, come to think of it what about The Who? Last Decade? Decade before? Before that? Ever?....

Actually in the last 5 years how many glasto headliners have done stadium tours in the UK? I'm struggling to think of more than 4 - Foo's, Stones, U2 and Coldplay.

Really? When did West do a stadium tour of the UK, come to think of it what about The Who? Last Decade? Decade before? Before that? Ever?....

Actually in the last 5 years how many glasto headliners have done stadium tours in the UK? I'm struggling to think of more than 4 - Foo's, Stones, U2 and Coldplay.

Pretty much most of them are capable... it's not that easy to book a stadium for a show.

Surely at some point during this argument you've realised that there are plenty of people here disagreeing with you and no one agreeing with you. That should tell you something.

Plenty? Nope, there's been quite a few that have also said they would watch em too but they haven't talked a load of crap about nobody goes to their gigs in the UK even after a video is posted of a rammed (see what I did there) Manchester Arena on their last tour...