Staying fit and Healthy.

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, sophlamb said:

That's a fab name! Mine's Slambert. What team are you with? Yeah I felt exactly the same - never had an interest in joining any sports team before but I'm obsessed now and go to the gym all the time just to get better!

I'm with Jersey Royal Rollers -and you ? We are a small team, and struggle as there are no other teams on the island. We've opnly been going a few years so still in our infancy, but we love it and a great group of skaters :-)

About a month ago I discovered a gym and swimming pool locally to me at a third of the price of other local gyms and pools, with fantastic reviews.

I got super excited with a plan to get a flat tummy again and hopefully in time for Glastonbury.

Cue me ending up in hospital, signed off work and doing nothing but lying in bed for a month so far.  I really wish I was working and at the pool instead! The half marathon went past my flat the other day and while I hate running, it made me feel even fatter and lazy than I did before!

Fingers crossed I get the results I want and I'm fit and ready to take on Glastonbury :D

Good luck to everyone who has weight loss targets and is taking up new exercise routines. I wish I could join you to encourage each other!

12 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Last year I got a lot of back-ache at Glastonbury, especially noticible when standing still. Can anyone recommend what I can do to help?

Some recommendations have already been made in this thread. you should try building up core strength, Google it if not sure what I'm talking about. Plank challenge is good - plenty of free apps to support this, basic core strength in the gym, even swimming will be good.

44 minutes ago, Waapster said:

Some recommendations have already been made in this thread. you should try building up core strength, Google it if not sure what I'm talking about. Plank challenge is good - plenty of free apps to support this, basic core strength in the gym, even swimming will be good.

Thankyou. I'll read the whole thread and research what you've said.

1 hour ago, Little Andy said:

Last year I got a lot of back-ache at Glastonbury, especially noticible when standing still. Can anyone recommend what I can do to help?

Check your feet, the arches and how your feet lean in / out when standing. No amount of core work stops my back ache, only properly supporting shoes! I can plank for ages and feel all pleased with myself, but if I stand too long in the wrong shoes it feels like im wearing an ill fitting girdle.

(obviously thats a guess at how an ill fitting girdle feels, all my girdles fit wonderfully!)

17 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I'm with Jersey Royal Rollers -and you ? We are a small team, and struggle as there are no other teams on the island. We've opnly been going a few years so still in our infancy, but we love it and a great group of skaters :-)

I'm with Liverpool Roller Birds - if you're ever in the area come along and skate with us!

15 hours ago, Little Andy said:

What am I looking for, and what do I do once I know?

I went to a running shop to have my gait checked. They then recommended shoes for running / walking, and I also took this information to a good walking shop for help with sole inserts for normal use.

Sounds like a pain to do, but it seriously makes a huge difference.