Has anyone refunded before?

Swine_Glasto2014

Sorry Jenny but I've gotta go the other way here.

Your little poo and puke factory won't miss you for 5 days. Its 5 days out of the next whole 18 months or so you have of baby time!!

See it as a little 'you' time. I honestly would go this year, leave him with the 'rents, and enjoy yourself. I can't see it being any easier to go and leave a real young toddler in a year or two's time, when they can't wander around, pull things, fall over and draw on walls!!!

Don't do it. Five days is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

We will be taking him next year :-)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take him but the hubby is Mr practical and thinks it's unsuitable. He is right in some respects ie if it's a mud bath or far too hot.

I'd say he's got a point to some extent. We had a back up plan when we took ours, that if the conditions got too tough, or if he simply didn't enjoy it, he would be taken home with one or both of us. Seems a pity to not do something you're likely to really enjoy, just on the off chance it might get difficult. Also, the NCT tent in the kids field can help in all sorts of ways, with baths, toys, cups of tea for parents etc. etc.

Anyway, whatever you decide, enjoy your time with your newborn, it goes so quickly!

I'd say he's got a point to some extent. We had a back up plan when we took ours, that if the conditions got too tough, or if he simply didn't enjoy it, he would be taken home with one or both of us. Seems a pity to not do something you're likely to really enjoy, just on the off chance it might get difficult. Also, the NCT tent in the kids field can help in all sorts of ways, with baths, toys, cups of tea for parents etc. etc.

Anyway, whatever you decide, enjoy your time with your newborn, it goes so quickly!

Is that a 'hmmm...maybe we need to give this a bit more thought...' face?!

24h 'til refund deadline, Jennie.

We're all on tenterhooks!

:)

Ben

Lol it's a god knows what I'm gonna do :-/ times ticking away :-( wish I had a bit longer to decide

Lol it's a god knows what I'm gonna do :-/ times ticking away :-( wish I had a bit longer to decide

Read through the thread again. Lots of sound advice from lots of lovely people. You can leave it 'til the 'last minute'.

You'll make the right choice. People generally do.

(but let us know what it is, for crying out loud!)

Ben

x

I know it's handy, but how important is £200 to you? Fair enough if you could really do with it, having a new born and all, but you could always not get refunded then literally decide a few days before?

Edited by Sketchead

I know it's handy, but how important is £200 to you? Fair enough if you could really do with it, having a new born and all, but you could always not get refunded then literally decide a few days before?

If I was flush I would but to be honest can't really afford to waste it. It's not just one ticket, there's 3 of us. So £600 odd is a lot of money :-(

Lots of people have said, Jennie...GO and take him with you. Ear defenders and a slight change in approach/acknowledgement that it'll be diffferent and you'll be fine. Think of the tales you will tell him.

Encouraging a new parent to take a nine week old baby to Glastonbury. A new low for this forum.

Encouraging a new parent to take a nine week old baby to Glastonbury. A new low for this forum.

We definitely won't be taking him. Decision done on that one. It's whether we leave him with grandparents? But then dare I say it, it's only a festival at the end of the day, my little boy will only be little once x

Is that a joke, Scotdy?

Certainly not in tone.

If not, I'm fascinated to hear your argument regarding (a) your inherent conviction that taking a new baby to a festival is mutually exclusive with anything positive and ( B) that you would consider such a suggestion 'a new low'...

Have you read this forum?!

A couple of days ago, there were calls for Pete Townshend, the alleged paedophile to be hung. Clearly that's nothing compared to taking your child to a music and arts festival.

All internet forums are full of hyperbole, but your comment has me intrigued...

Give me your best shot, Scotdy...

Jennie - good luck with your ongoing deliberations! Keep us in the loop! T minus 12 hours...

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

This is why I suggested selling it on at face value rather than refunding. Gives them a lot more time to figure it out and make a decision.

Huh ? A nonsensical statement with no reasoning behind it.

If you had said - Taking a 9 week old to Glastonbury in the dance tent with no ear defenders until the wee hours in the morning and force feeding it mdma. A new low for this forum. Then I might have agreed.

Huh ? A nonsensical statement with no reasoning behind it.

If you had said - Taking a 9 week old to Glastonbury in the dance tent with no ear defenders until the wee hours in the morning and force feeding it mdma. A new low for this forum. Then I might have agreed.

Well quite, Oblong...let's see if Scotdy would like to elaborate on his, hitherto quite brilliant, argument...

OK, I'll come clean. Today's election result has put me in a bit of a shocking mood, so I'm even more intolerant of intolerance, than usual.

Come and have a go, if you think you're up to it...

Ben

Well quite, Oblong...let's see if Scotdy would like to elaborate on his, hitherto quite brilliant, argument...

OK, I'll come clean. Today's election result has put me in a bit of a shocking mood, so I'm even more intolerant of intolerance, than usual.

Come and have a go, if you think you're up to it...

Ben

I got some similar comments 2 years ago, Ben, when I asked for tips about taking our boy. Got accused of being a 'selfish parent', and told glastonbury is 'no place for a small child'. It's not even worth discussing the subject with people who are too closed-minded to see that it can be a wonderful place for children, as long as their well-being is a priority.

I got some similar comments 2 years ago, Ben, when I asked for tips about taking our boy. Got accused of being a 'selfish parent', and told glastonbury is 'no place for a small child'. It's not even worth discussing the subject with people who are too closed-minded to see that it can be a wonderful place for children, as long as their well-being is a priority.

I had much the same. Took my 5 month old in 2011 and she absolutely loved it. We took the necessary precautions (ear defenders, a covered trailer etc etc) and were sensible about where we spent our time and the vast majority of punters were very respectful, mostly encouraging and some in complete awe. There were however one or two exceptions and in one instance we were shouted at as we made our way through one of the campsites for being bad parents. This was by a group of late teens early twenties who obviously knew all there was to know in the world. I had a respectful word in return and hopefully made them realise that Glastonbury is a place where everyone can have a good time, regardless of their age! :)

Edited by Morse Code

Glastonbury is a good experience for children as you have said, it's not a good place for two month old baby

Is that a joke, Scotdy?

Certainly not in tone.

If not, I'm fascinated to hear your argument regarding (a) your inherent conviction that taking a new baby to a festival is mutually exclusive with anything positive and ( B) that you would consider such a suggestion 'a new low'...

Have you read this forum?!

A couple of days ago, there were calls for Pete Townshend, the alleged paedophile to be hung. Clearly that's nothing compared to taking your child to a music and arts festival.

All internet forums are full of hyperbole, but your comment has me intrigued...

Give me your best shot, Scotdy...

Jennie - good luck with your ongoing deliberations! Keep us in the loop! T minus 12 hours...

Ben

Sorry Ben, i seem to remember that you have posted elsewhere that you have NEVER been to Glastonbury.

Comeback after your first festival and I might entertain your opinion

Sorry Ben, i seem to remember that you have posted elsewhere that you have NEVER been to Glastonbury.

Well if you're going to play that card, I've been plenty of times and agree with him.

So, why is it an especially bad place for a baby?

Between the kids field, 2 family fields, and generally friendly people I'd have no concerns. If you've been before and explored the site then you'll know that a reasonable number of people do take children of that age. Just not to the front of the Pyramid for example.

This will be my 5th time at glastonbury. I've gone with friends, with just my wife, with wife and baby, and solo. All were different in some ways, but all were fantastic. I believe it was one of the best things we've done for our boy, taking him, and we'll continue to do so every year we can get tickets.

Will you entertain my opinion, and give reasons why you are so against the idea?

I've been a to a dozen or so Glastonbury's and many other music festivals besides and seen young babies at most of them (I think Leeds/Reading and V are the only ones I haven't). Most festivals have specific areas catering to carer and child, there's plenty to stimulate them. It's a different experience for the parent/s but as valid an experience as chugging lager all day and stumbling about all night.

I would think it would be just what a new mother would need. A bit of fresh air, mixing with other new mothers, 5 days spending quality time with the baby and in most cases partner/husband and maybe even an hour or two off mothering here and there to go catch a band you like.

I think if you rule out babies then you need to rule out old people and maybe the disabled or anyone with health issues.. Bah Glastonbury is for everyone which is what makes it such a special festival, everyone is catered for.

I was wondering if anyone could help me?

Just received a text off my mate and he wants to cancel his ticket and his carpark ticket. However, I booked all six of my mates tickets (Including his and the carpark ticket) and I paid for them all (Didn't realise you could each pay seperatley, it was my first time buying tickets).

The main issue is though, if he rings up Glasto to cancel his ticket and the car park ticket, would it cancel all of the tickets since it was on my card, or would it just cancel his ticket and the money would go back to my card?

I was wondering if anyone could help me?

Just received a text off my mate and he wants to cancel his ticket and his carpark ticket. However, I booked all six of my mates tickets (Including his and the carpark ticket) and I paid for them all (Didn't realise you could each pay seperatley, it was my first time buying tickets).

The main issue is though, if he rings up Glasto to cancel his ticket and the car park ticket, would it cancel all of the tickets since it was on my card, or would it just cancel his ticket and the money would go back to my card?

Give seetickets a call, they'll answer all your questions.

As for the comments up there - Glastonbury is for everybody. Somebody has no right to tell somebody else what's right and wrong about going. I love the fact I see young children of various ages and very old people too. It makes it what it is.