Secret resales 2015

Terence99

2 minutes ago, dj matt james said:

I am so gutted for you all. The stress of this has been huge

It's not the end of the world :lol: there's always next year. There's competitions, there's other festivals. I suppose it's how you deal with the upset of not going. Have a fab time though mate! 

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

It's not the end of the world :lol: there's always next year. There's competitions, there's other festivals. I suppose it's how you deal with the upset of not going. Have a fab time though mate! 

I have still got my fingers crossed for you all. If I hear of anything i will let you know.

• Upvote 1

Better get those Benicassim tickets booked then s'pose.  I am gutted but, I've come across some lovely people on this forum and maybe we'll all meet at the eFestivals get together next year.

4 minutes ago, Andycamper said:

DC site services require you to pay 280 pound deposit before even considering you to work the festival and Seed will only give applicants a job if you have worked a festival for them before.

Well whats general admission tickets with booking fee it's near that money, and you get your deposit back if you finish the shift, most not all areas of Glastonbury demand a deposit .there will be other people who have people fall out last minute and don't have a big enough reserve list . I've seen some groups charge twice the booking fee or demand you give them a few hundred for working for them . Dc is asking pretty normal money .

10 minutes ago, davidd said:

Unfortunately so mate as it comes from the Glastonbury office it seems conclusive.

I've entered every competition i can for Mr 6 Cans as that appears the only option we have open .

Bastardy Bollocks.

Well, I guess I'll go from lurking in this thread to lurking in the competitions thread! Can't quite shake the feeling that they've gone about resales in a really odd way this year.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Madyaker said:

So thats it then? All 12 of us have tickets but 1 more guy decided he wanted to go last minute, will I tell him to give up?

I would .. Being harsh here, but deciding you want to go last minute is kind of his own fault. The majority in here have tried and failed in the main sale, the official resales and then the secret resales. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, QueenPesky said:

Hello,

Found this forum/thread last night after discovering the weird resale thing on Thursday (was fully expecting it to be 3pm yesterday after last years timings) and thought I'd say hi! 

This is the first time we've not managed to get tickets and still hoping that we can get hold of 3. 

It's nice to know that there are other people out there who are still hopeful and obsessively hitting F5!

Welcome to the F5 pack. You can recognise us by our nervous tics, looks of grim resignation and they fact we all jump even if someone else's phone rings. :)

1 minute ago, st dan said:

I would .. Being harsh here, but deciding you want to go last minute is kind of his own fault. The majority in here have tried and failed in the main sale, the official resales and then the secret resales. 

Feel a little bit selfish for upvoting this, but having tried for a measly 2 tickets in both official sale, resale and secret sales and been entirely unsuccessful despite being inches away, I would have to agree with that. You snooze you lose, etc.

• Upvote 3

Just now, musky said:

Welcome to the F5 pack. You can recognise us by our nervous tics, looks of grim resignation and they fact we all jump even if someone else's phone rings. :)

Thanks! Been like that ever since the return deadline, nice to know there's others out there. 

This is the first time we've not managed to get tickets for the past 10 festivals we've been around for, but still got Bestival to look forward to at least! 

Just now, emilyboris said:

Feel a little bit selfish for upvoting this, but having tried for a measly 2 tickets in both official sale, resale and secret sales and been entirely unsuccessful despite being inches away, I would have to agree with that. You snooze you lose, etc.

Do you have others to try for you and visa versa? Like a little group situation to help for October? 

Just now, goodmorningspider said:

But why would they still have been mucking about with the coach links yesterday if there were no more tickets? Am I just in denial? 

(sorry to interrupt - have been lurking on this thread and following the whole saga. hello!)

They did the same thing last year. In fact, they were fussing with coach links throughout last week and nothing came of it, not to mention none of the sales have gone through the Tour page. We might never know what they were doing, but we can probably accept it wasn't related to a potential sale.

1 minute ago, goodmorningspider said:

But why would they still have been mucking about with the coach links yesterday if there were no more tickets? Am I just in denial? 

(sorry to interrupt - have been lurking on this thread and following the whole saga. hello!)

They did it last year also, probably nothing major at all, just like they did practically all of last week playing with the coach links. I feel inclined to believe the e-mail from Glastonbury 

2 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Do you have others to try for you and visa versa? Like a little group situation to help for October? 

There's actually only the two of us attempting to go this year-in the past we've had multiple people booking for multiple people, but somehow you find others are less interested when they're not trying for their own ticket! Had a few trying in October, and then it was just me and my parents trying in the resale. Am considering paying people to help out next year if they continue to be so grumpy and not go, well worth the expense.