Secret resales 2015

Terence99

1 minute ago, Brad2434 said:

Glastonbury tweeted last year that 'there has just been a limited number of resale tickets put back up' which is how I got some last year as I had the tweet notifications on, they didn't do this last week which makes me think there has to be another sale. They also tweeted that there would be no more tickets put up for sale after which they also haven't done!

That's a fair point. Can nobody contact Glastonbury using their contact form and ask if they are going to post an official statement? I would but I'm scared I've pestered them enough. 

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

yep exactly the same situation now. 

I don't get why people keep saying all these hourly times when previous secret sales, especially last Thursdays have shown they are never on the hour haha. 

Ahh, probably because everyone is on the 3rd stage of grief... anger and bargaining haha. We've all been through shock, denial, pain and guilt. Now it's time to get angry! 

I was being ironic :rofl:

1 minute ago, jonny2mad said:

around this sort of time you do have people pull out last minute that said they will work the festival, Ive worked the festival for 16 years and if I really wanted to go I would contact people last minute and say your available .

good luck to you all

Doing this :) most places still saying they are full and to try for next year 

Back to the hiding idea..... We could climb up the pyramid stage meeting tree, build a tree house and refuse to get down like Stumpy. Singing cb4747's protest song. They would have to cut the tree down to get us out! I'm in! 

2 minutes ago, Brad2434 said:

Glastonbury tweeted last year that 'there has just been a limited number of resale tickets put back up' which is how I got some last year as I had the tweet notifications on, they didn't do this last week which makes me think there has to be another sale. They also tweeted that there would be no more tickets put up for sale after which they also haven't done!

They sold out before anyone could tweet about it I think!

Why they aren't categorically stating there are no more tickets I don't know, a glimmer of hope I guess.

Just now, Katir said:

Back to the hiding idea..... We could climb up the pyramid stage meeting tree, build a tree house and refuse to get down like Stumpy. Singing cb4747's protest song. They would have to cut the tree down to get us out! I'm in! 

Stumpy? You mean Swampy?!

20 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

ok I'm reading through last years secret sales and no word of a lie someone said that exact same comment haha 

went to bestival, it was very wet. wore Hi Viz that was orange , realized everyone thought we were security as they were wearing orange. set up our own checkpoint started asking people to show wrist bands and checking for items they shouldn't have. got given plenty of beer to turn a blind eye. got the main area before it was open to the public as we stood with security (they knew we were chacing it) started doing there job for them turning folk away. had them in stitches they let us in hours before anyone else was allowed. oh to use a clean toilet.

It also took 15 minutes for the secret sale to sell out last year aswel, and thats with them tweeting about it. how long did Thursday's take? I know there will obviously be a different number in the pot this year but Thursday's sold out ridiculously quick without glasto even tweeting they were available

1 minute ago, Katir said:

Yep, and they couldn't cut it down *during* the festival for health & safety concerns, so at least we'd be there for the duration. Mind you, I'm not sure I only wanted to see the Pyramid acts this year..... (too choosy?)

It also took 15 minutes for the secret sale to sell out last year aswel, and thats with them tweeting about it. how long did Thursday's take? I know there will obviously be a different number in the pot this year but Thursday's sold out ridiculously quick without glasto even tweeting they were available

Honestly though hundreds more people were trying this year compared to last. 

Going on what Neil was saying, he thinks the same. I'm sure Glasto would announce something if there wasn't any tickets left....

Just now, billum said:

Yep, and they couldn't cut it down *during* the festival for health & safety concerns, so at least we'd be there for the duration. Mind you, I'm not sure I only wanted to see the Pyramid acts this year..... (too choosy?)

No comment! Choosy doesn't come close. Someone on here who go a secret resale ticket could start a diversion close by and then we could all climb down and disappear into the crowds!

Just now, Brad2434 said:

how could you possibly know that?

It's well accepted. At the very least, you have evidence of far more people using this site (look at how many new users there are, and that doesn't even count the number of people who haven't signed up).

how could you possibly know that?

Well after reading through tweets, facebook posts and this whole thread I have gauged the interest was higher. If last year took 15 minutes to sell out and this year just 3. And less tickets may have been returned. There were more people in the Whatsapp Group(s) this year also. 

Just now, cb4747 said:

Someone contact glastonbury and ask for an official statement, I really don't want them to block my e-mail or something haha. I'm such a pest. :sorry:

I tweeted Emily 3 days ago asking for confirmation.  No response...

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

Someone contact glastonbury and ask for an official statement, I really don't want them to block my e-mail or something haha. I'm such a pest. :sorry:

I think somebody from this thread emailed them, and they said that it's with SeeTickets and to contact See. It's probably about 100 pages back :wacko:

1 minute ago, Mickball said:

I think somebody from this thread emailed them, and they said that it's with SeeTickets and to contact See. It's probably about 100 pages back :wacko:

oh yeah good point, you would expect Glastonbury to (as they have in previous years) to release an official statement or something. 

I would imagine Glastonbury saying the same as See, to keep an eye on the pages. It seems they can't entirely rule out the future availability of more tickets, but given See is the point of sale they would be handling any last dregs remaining, presumably without the need to forewarn Glastonbury themselves. When they can conclusively say that there are not going to be any more tickets sold, I reckon Glastonbury will say something-but who knows when that might be. 

Edited by emilyboris

Although SEE do the tickets and Glastonbury do the festival, it's funny how quiet all the announcements of stage line-ups have gone while the resale malarkey (yes, malarkey I say) has been going on. Almost like it was a distraction for them like it has been for us.

Surely there isn't someone in the line-ups & bookings office watching these boards going "I'll get back onto the announcements as soon as I've bagged that one last ticket - you know, they were changing the pages up until 5 o'clock yesterday - it's gonna happen!!!"