• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Phew!

this is my first Glastonbury and I fully expect to walk through those gates and be greeted in the manner which befits my status.

"Good morning, my good man"

"Ah, doctor, good morning. We've been expecting you. Now, may I take your rucksack? Where is it that you would like to camp? We will, of course, forcibly move anyone who has had the bare-faced cheek to pitch in your desired location".

Oh yes. Yes, indeed. Yup.

Ben

Yeh right

Flip flops, minimum. Anything else is a bonus.

Wew would all like you to have something else - even a sock would be good.

Something like this carlos and you should be alright for the weekend! Perfect outfit!

sandals-and-socks__1112776a.jpg

Phew!

this is my first Glastonbury and I fully expect to walk through those gates and be greeted in the manner which befits my status.

"Good morning, my good man"

"Ah, doctor, good morning. We've been expecting you. Now, may I take your rucksack? Where is it that you would like to camp? We will, of course, forcibly move anyone who has had the bare-faced cheek to pitch in your desired location".

Oh yes. Yes, indeed. Yup.

Ben

What time are you due on site?

I start my journey straight after work at 6pm, get into brum just after midnight and im on the 2:15am national express bus out of digbeth station

Brilliant!

Last year my group met near the site at 5am and convoyed into the car parks and got in the queue. We got split up into two groups along the way due to crowd surges, the other lot got through about 10am and my lot got through about midday.

This year I am wondering whether we should meet at 10pm Tuesday night and kip in the car park for a bit then queue. I plan to put it to the group later.

Oh its not long now!!! :)

New tents just arrived too :)

Its starting to feel like its happening now folks :)

What's this about you and a coach getting back? If you don't get sorted, I can get you back up to Leeds on the Monday, but that's not the quickest option you'll have. PM me if you want to chat, as I'm off in meetings and then busy tonight, so may not be able to check on this thread for a bit (unless the meeting gets really boring).

Brilliant!

Last year my group met near the site at 5am and convoyed into the car parks and got in the queue. We got split up into two groups along the way due to crowd surges, the other lot got through about 10am and my lot got through about midday.

This year I am wondering whether we should meet at 10pm Tuesday night and kip in the car park for a bit then queue. I plan to put it to the group later.

Oh its not long now!!! :)

Unfortunatly due to my newbie staus as glasto i cant offer any advice, im only hetting there at that time because they were charging nearly £50 more for one that got there at a sensible time and all the other options would be too late to go to the efests meet

Without knowing whats best id say get there early have a party get a few hours kip then head into the site :)

Unfortunatly due to my newbie staus as glasto i cant offer any advice, im only hetting there at that time because they were charging nearly £50 more for one that got there at a sensible time and all the other options would be too late to go to the efests meet

Without knowing whats best id say get there early have a party get a few hours kip then head into the site :)

In previous years we have got tot eh car parks about 7am, but thats too late for where we want to camp really! Last year worked well, so we might just do that again. I'll see what the others say!

£50 extra? What a cheek! I think you'll be fine doing it the way you are, you can kip on the bus and get a few hours kip once you're set up, then get stuck in to the party around lunchtime!!

This weekend we are sorting out tent and other camping stuff.

I fear what we might find!!

As I live in a flat and do not have a shed/garage, my camping stuff is under the bed mostly, but there are odds and ends around the house. I plan to get my tent out soon and have a go at putting it up, as I have never done that!!! :)You've prob put mine up more than I have!! (oo er)

Ben are you camping with other folk from here?

Well...

I am not sure how much I should, or should not, divulge about that!

The short answer is yes, I think I am.

I have had a really rather lovely offer to join some people that, if they can still bear the thought of it by the time we reach June, I will be taking up!

I have been to festivals on my own before and had a good time, but for me it really is all about a shared experience, with the sort of wonderful people that I get to spend time with only at festivals, and not in my normal world.

I so want my first Glastonbury to be a shared experience, partly because I know that I can make it fun for other people too!!

So, I think I am pretty sorted and hope to be in Dairy with some very new, lovely friends...

:)

Ben