Worthy View Capacity Now 10,000!

Guest phillyfaddle

Oh great. The only reason I coughed for this was it being a quieter/easier experience than the main site, plus the likelihood of remaining a bit cleaner over the weekend. Corporate greed as usual. I bet they haven't increased showers/staff on pennards hill gate!

I have no connection to Worthy View.

Just because its larger does not mean its going to be far worse than it was last year.

Its a Hard fact of Life ' that everything has to make a Profit ' to keep on going .

Even a Not for profit Company - has to make a profit - its just the way it is.

There should be no reason for them being understaffed so see what you think after the event.

I reckon it will not be long before the whole site ends up with pre erected tents as I think that is their master plan - which may explain why they wanted to increase the staff over x amount of years to a extra 10,000.

I may be wrong - time will tell

The whole attraction of WV for me is the ability to nip through the back country alleys and get onsite without spending the whole day in traffic - last year we got from Glastonbury town to being inside our tent in under an hour.

I'm not entirely convinced the roads will be able to take 2.5x the number of cars without people ending up held up in traffic - here's hoping it's still a painless journey.

Agree, the site looks exactly the same size as last year from the maps/photos/webcams. I've got no issue really, just as long as the facilities have also increased proportionately (toilets, taps & showers). Although, forget the luxury of hairdryers/straighteners girls.....there's only a 'small number' between oooh, quite a lot of of us!

I'm now thinking WV = 'normal Glastonbury' (i.e. bad hair/bed baths) just without the monster shlep from the car with your tent & gear. Interestingly, someone on Twitter was advising people that it was 15 mins walk from his car to Gate D, then 5 mins walk to where his tent was pitched. Not sure he's talking about the same Glastonbury I've been going to. Factor in queues and mud and 2 hours has been more like it from car to Spring Ground/Hitchin Hill.

Happy to test out WV with an optimistic mindset and report back. Am excited now :D

PS I also agree that more and more of the festival will end up dedicated to pre-erected camping. Looking at the landfill left behind by a growing number of ar*eholes in the main campsites, I can't blame them. It is still a working farm at the end of the day.

Agree, the site looks exactly the same size as last year from the maps/photos/webcams. I've got no issue really, just as long as the facilities have also increased proportionately (toilets, taps & showers). Although, forget the luxury of hairdryers/straighteners girls.....there's only a 'small number' between oooh, quite a lot of of us!

I'm now thinking WV = 'normal Glastonbury' (i.e. bad hair/bed baths) just without the monster shlep from the car with your tent & gear. Interestingly, someone on Twitter was advising people that it was 15 mins walk from his car to Gate D, then 5 mins walk to where his tent was pitched. Not sure he's talking about the same Glastonbury I've been going to. Factor in queues and mud and 2 hours has been more like it from car to Spring Ground/Hitchin Hill.

Happy to test out WV with an optimistic mindset and report back. Am excited now :D

PS I also agree that more and more of the festival will end up dedicated to pre-erected camping. Looking at the landfill left behind by a growing number of ar*eholes in the main campsites, I can't blame them. It is still a working farm at the end of the day.

Yeah, I thought that. But WV are still saying a 2 to 7 min walk from the car to check in. Which isn't far at all. Hopefully, it;s not a big fib....!

PS - we are 4 friends staying in a 4 man scout tent. Don't suppose you know whether you can get 2 standard size single airbeds side by side in each bedroom. Dimensions look at a bit tight, but you are able to hire them, so I suppose you can? 2 of us are taking canvas camp beds, which will easily fit, but the other 2 are taking airbeds.

Thanks for that. Kind of prepared for it being tight. We were just trying to keep the costs down going for a 4-man between 4. Normally, we take a 2 man tent for 1 person or a 3 man for 2 etc, to have a bit more space. It'll just be for crashing out in the early hours, so hopefully we'll be ok. Porch area looks massive for storing stuff at least.

Might need to arrange 1 campbed + 1 airbed in each bedroom. Or convince the other 2 to invest in campbeds - they are so superior to airbeds.

There's always the cars as a back up absolute worst case scenario. Or various friends in the normal campsites!

Thanks for that. Kind of prepared for it being tight. We were just trying to keep the costs down going for a 4-man between 4. Normally, we take a 2 man tent for 1 person or a 3 man for 2 etc, to have a bit more space. It'll just be for crashing out in the early hours, so hopefully we'll be ok. Porch area looks massive for storing stuff at least.

Might need to arrange 1 campbed + 1 airbed in each bedroom. Or convince the other 2 to invest in campbeds - they are so superior to airbeds.

There's always the cars as a back up absolute worst case scenario. Or various friends in the normal campsites!

I'm really quite worried about how the facilities will cope with this. I know they've said on Twitter that they're prepared re. facilities, but there were already big queues for showers last year at the lower capacity, and the official WV information states:

"We have increased the number of showers from 2013, however we cannot add any more due to water restrictions onsite."
Which to me reads that they will not have been able to add as many new showers in proportion to the increase in capacity - and the shower capacity was not quite sufficient last year (for girls anyway).
Also, there were not enough toilets open, or enough staff maintaining them last year. Again, the official information has promised an improvement in toilet facilities (more blocks, more staff) but will this be enough to improve the situation from last year (which is needed) AND cope with the extra capacity?
And I am going to email Worthy View these questions directly :)

I'm really quite worried about how the facilities will cope with this. I know they've said on Twitter that they're prepared re. facilities, but there were already big queues for showers last year at the lower capacity, and the official WV information states:

"We have increased the number of showers from 2013, however we cannot add any more due to water restrictions onsite."

Which to me reads that they will not have been able to add as many new showers in proportion to the increase in capacity - and the shower capacity was not quite sufficient last year (for girls anyway).

Also, there were not enough toilets open, or enough staff maintaining them last year. Again, the official information has promised an improvement in toilet facilities (more blocks, more staff) but will this be enough to improve the situation from last year (which is needed) AND cope with the extra capacity?

And I am going to email Worthy View these questions directly :)