This Is My Tent, Show Me Yours

Richard Waller

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost snap, mine is the Argos pro action one, otherwise exactly the same, just fixed the shagged poles and had it up. Me and compardre are both happy

i don't have a picture but it is very similar to this one however i do think it is a little bigger and also in green

This one is a Halfords job, 60 quid in a sale. Will be fine for us. Have still yet to do a trial run pitch but should be straightforward......I hope!

An alleged "two man tent"

$(KGrHqJHJC!FHlyPR0L6BR5rFJeqog~~60_57.J

Has anybody ever been to a festival in one of these and actually shared it with another fully grown human? It's supposed to be 2m long. I'm almost 2m long which suggests I may have been better off spending my money on a cagoule. I suppose for the sake of £11.49 including delivery I shouldn't really expect it to strictly conform to the Trade Descriptions Act... I'm sure it should be easy to find though, absolutely nobody else will have one that looks like that.

That is indeed a poor quality looking tent. If it were to rain (which it's not - NFR NFC) I could see you having difficulties. It's no fun when a single skinned tent springs a leak or two. It would do in dry weather though.

big_f1a472ed8dcb4e7ab746dfaacd745207.jpg

Easy to get it up, not so quick to fold it back into it's little round carrier, but this pop up often has me and the other half in one room, and the two younger Elks in the other.

Edited by Greenelk

$T2eC16d,!y8E9s2fk3o0BRwgUPktNg~~60_35.J

Not my photo nor my tent as it's still packed nicely in it's carry bag

There's also a groundsheet supposed to be there in the middle

We have a cheapy Argos version of this which has surprisingly lasted us for 5 festivals so far, and is still going strong.

It's nice to have the little communal bit in the middle to shelter from showers the baking sun.

Same setup as last year for me - taking the 2 man Eurohike for sleeping in (the swirly patterned one - sharing with my sis) and a 3 man single skinner for storing cooking gear, food, bags etc. for the whole group. It works really well for us, a nice cosy tent for sleeping and one with a bit more room for getting changed/emergency wee funnelling etc.!

65022_10151554569931185_1001021081_n.jpg

This one is a Halfords job, 60 quid in a sale. Will be fine for us. Have still yet to do a trial run pitch but should be straightforward......I hope!

we had a trial run with ours the other week, and it was blowing a really bad gale, and it took me and my other half about 15 mins to get it up, i would have to say it was one of the easiest tents to put up

I've got a Gelert Cabana, which everyone keeps telling me is ugly but I quite like the oddness of it :) (Mine is grey though, none of those terrible clashing colours and prints)

61L7fwFkFUL.jpg

I like the look of those but then I like the strange and different.

I'm going old school this year,it arrived today,bought it from Ebay £35 second hand,its old stock that had been in a warehouse for 40 years,I'm going to put it up tonight.

I probably bought a bag of dust. :)

merdina-mk1-tent-%5B3%5D-2911-p.jpg

Its a Vango force ten mrk3.

$T2eC16d,!y8E9s2fk3o0BRwgUPktNg~~60_35.J

Not my photo nor my tent as it's still packed nicely in it's carry bag

There's also a groundsheet supposed to be there in the middle

I have this tent, in different colours though... It's amazing... lasted me a good few years however next year I think it needs replacing hopefully with the same style..

I get a bedroom and who ever I'm going with gets a bedroom with room in the middle for our "crap" shoes drinks food etc etc Easy to put up and down too