The Elusive Chanteuse

bamber

I've recently noticed that all my girls who do this are frankly a bit nuts. Mariah, Jessie, Christina, Joss, Lauryn, Tank ?????

While she is certainly an eccentric, Kelis may well be the sanest of them all? While I love it, it is the weakest of the voices listed. Whitney - nuts.

Ten years ago, I was right behind the guy filming this. It was EPIC.

Edited by bamber

There is a thing called voices, head voices and chest voices, for starters. Cissy Houston sang beautifully for instance, claiming, plausibly she had three voices,

Very few singers have proper control of one let alone both or three voices. A lot of singers get away with combining, clumsily, both chest and head, it rarely sounds good.

To be good you have to be good to start with. I know all about my shortcomings regarding  that.

Then you have practice, a lot. You need to learn to combine the voices harmonically.

Like Jessie J, she  practised a lot.

Edited by bamber

I seem to have acquired a case of the Bambers of late.  The last few months I've almost exclusively listened only to the female voice.  There is such a massive array of amazing talent right at the forefront today.  

Anyhow, here's a bit of Lana..

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2020 at 12:30 PM, ErnestWorthing said:

Don't be silly.

I'm not being silly. Though there is plenty of faff, agreed.

History will judge.

But,     name me a list?....  of better singers?  

I digress.

Jessie practices a lot. She has got so much better than 10 years ago already and is still practising and getting better and better.

This.

I was in Amsterdam for Kelis last Saturday, Paridiso, what a venue, what a city.

The show was sublime.

Future Afro, up tempo bangers, what is there not to like?

It would seem that that will be the last bit of fun I, or any of us will have for a while.

Loved the 00 spangle!

Edited by bamber

Miley played the Pyramid, Glastonbury, June 30th 2019, and it was wonderful. I was there and it was a very beautiful afternoon. All my dreams come true.

For some reason, she never pulled this one out though.... and that is a shame.

On 3/4/2020 at 11:41 AM, Spindles said:

I seem to have acquired a case of the Bambers of late.  The last few months I've almost exclusively listened only to the female voice.  There is such a massive array of amazing talent right at the forefront today.  

Anyhow, here's a bit of Lana..

Love it.