Gate D

Guest Tomo18

last few years i have driven down from the north west not really having a clue where i was going,

first year i fluked it and got quite close to gate D, but last year went wrong and ended up near gate B (after a 100 mile detour past Stonehenge) which wasn't ideal as i was to be camping over by the other stage, was a mammoth walk which i don't intend to be doing again.

so thought id get my act together early, this year i will be going back towards the other stage as i felt that's the best area i have camped in, just need some directions to get on the Gate D side of the field so im not knackered by thursday night aha!

From the North West: M6, M5 to A39 (Junction 23) then A361
so on the A361 your heading east and you will turn right at the sign for ' the west car park '
now there is other ways to do it but if you are not displaying a Crew pass they may send you in the wrong direction so best to stick to the official route.
I was coming from a different direction using a short cut I know and there was a whole congo line of cars behind me - at the main road there was a security block and I was allowed to enter but all the other cars were sent the other way { and would have ended up at the East car park }

Or you might turn left to the sign for West cat Park as lots of car parking is on the north/West side of the a361 now:-(

Like he said though, there's back routes in but you take your chances

From the North West: M6, M5 to A39 (Junction 23) then A361
so on the A361 your heading east and you will turn right at the sign for ' the west car park '
now there is other ways to do it but if you are not displaying a Crew pass they may send you in the wrong direction so best to stick to the official route.
I was coming from a different direction using a short cut I know and there was a whole congo line of cars behind me - at the main road there was a security block and I was allowed to enter but all the other cars were sent the other way { and would have ended up at the East car park }

Hi Gerard, the drive to the festival from Birkenhead is really straight forward but basically head for M53, M6 then M5, leave at junction 23 and come in through Glastonbury town. It is well signposted and is pretty easy to follow. Traffic should be light enough as so many head on Tuesday night. I'll be doing the same ferry journey this year.

Hi Gerard, the drive to the festival from Birkenhead is really straight forward but basically head for M53, M6 then M5, leave at junction 23 and come in through Glastonbury town. It is well signposted and is pretty easy to follow. Traffic should be light enough as so many head on Tuesday night. I'll be doing the same ferry journey this year.

That will take you to the gate D entrance. I also wouldn't necessarily worry about heading to Pennards to camp. If I'm honest, its far too crowded and being close to the late night action may sound like a great idea but in reality you shouldn't worry too much about it. I'm one of those who would rather walk to places when I'm there but not have to cart all my gear to camp closer. I usually camp no further than 400 yards from the entrance gate. There is generally much more room around your camp and that is worth having more than worrying about a half hour drunken dander back to your tent in the wee hours, also less chance of tent crime. There are more important things to consider, like camping under tree lines which will shade you from the morning sun. That was a life saver back in 2010. You will have a ball no matter where you camp

Edited by gerardfenton18