TOMORROWLAND 2014

Guest belly257

New to this forum and the music festival scene, thought id start my music festival life with a bang, bought 3 tickets for tomorrowland 2014, just wanted to start a thread to see whos going from the uk and where people are staying and flying from? i live in the cumbria area.

Hi there!

I also managed to get tickets for the second weekend , for me and my buddy Jack! Also, were in the themed hotel! Hurray!

Been on the festival scene since the mid ninetees. I still got the beans and I can't wait for this. I'm pushing forty now and i'm going to have a baby next year, so THIS IS IT!!! What a way to go out though. I can't wait.

Any other slightly older crazies out there who are gonna help me see it done right?? :girlinlove::bye:

Hi I am travelling from the Cheshire Area, flying out of Manchester. I am going to the Second Weekend of Tomorrowland 14, but travelling alone. Was wondering if anyone was travelling from the UK for the second weekend, and also possibly travelling alone of in a small group. I'm camping at Dreamville.

Hey there party ppl :)
Myself and my mate will be going to Tomorrow Land on the second week.
One of the guys we know has organised one of the Mansions inside Tomorrow Land to stay in, they hold 12 ppl...unfortunately he could only get 10 ppl to lock themselfs in...which means if we dont find 2 more ppl by the end of this week (14/3/14) we lose the Mansion :(
This is what the Mansion looks like:)
The price per person will be 2780 euro.
The guys running the show know the guys filming Tomorrow Land so they will be coming back to the mansion to film, they also had Chuckie come back and play last year aswell:)
If ur interested or know of anyone that would be then let no know and i can put you in touch with the man running it all, and he can give you alot more info and show you videos of what happened last time:)
It will be an amazing time:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Group

I'm traveling from the States (Los Angeles) to Tomorrowland (2nd weekend) for the first time. I was lucky to snag any tickets at all. I got one for myself and one for my girlfriend, who is now my ex-girlfriend. I'm looking for advice from people that have gone to Tomorrowland in the past. The site says no one else but the person on the ticket can use the ticket. Does anyone know if this is true, or is it possible to bring someone else and they can use the ticket?

Bigjoe, I just turned 38 and have been having an amazing time touring festivals I'm my 30's. I hope there's a few more like us there. No matter what it will be amazing. You should try Burning Man. Cheers all.

• 3 weeks later...

Court just announced that there will be a verdict before this year's edition.

Also a second complaint has been filed against Tomorrowland for bribery, now that it leaked that the members of the commitee granting TL permits received free tickets for theirselves and friends/family.

This is going to be very interesting indeed. Suppose the court rules against TL, it'll open the way for Rock Werchter and Pukkelpop neighbours to do the same thing (and TL would be bankrupt).

Edited by Dietediet

It's clear that where TL have gone wrong is to put on a second weekend. Most people will tolerate one weekend of loud music and all the other inconveniences that go hand in hand with these types of events but to have this on your door step for two weekends on the bounce? I can see where they're coming from but money will probably have the final say in this. One newspaper article I read quoted the TL lawyer questioning what was more important: '7 people losing some sleep or the local economy losing 70 million'.

The impression I get with PKP is that the locals recognise and largely welcome the financial benefits it brings each year, and for the time being are willing to put up with the hassles. The numerous food stalls they set up in their gardens and the number of locals manning the bars and stalls in the festival arena are both testament to that. Maybe you have some info on this Dietediet but what is the arrangement for food stalls outside the arena at RW this year? I know they are setting up a different area for them but if they don't involve the locals then they may well be susceptible to similar court action next

year.

What's really worrying about the TL case is that it's only needed a handful of people to object to put the whole event in doubt. We had a loosely similar situation where I live a few years ago when, following a long and protracted court case, a large and very popular city centre wedding, exhibition and concert venue (incidently one of 12 heritage buildings recognised for its cultural significance and positive impact on tourism) lost it's entertainment license because one local resident objected to the noise.

As you both say, will be interesting to see how this one pans out.

The impression I get with PKP is that the locals recognise and largely welcome the financial benefits it brings each year, and for the time being are willing to put up with the hassles. The numerous food stalls they set up in their gardens and the number of locals manning the bars and stalls in the festival arena are both testament to that. Maybe you have some info on this Dietediet but what is the arrangement for food stalls outside the arena at RW this year? I know they are setting up a different area for them but if they don't involve the locals then they may well be susceptible to similar court action next year.

Edited by Dietediet