4Music replaced with MTV

Guest Robbie c

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And obviously BBC TV are dead keen on being at Glastonbury and Reading because they're cultural institutions with international reputations (at least the former is, the latter depending on who you talk to). A cultural institution is something V will never ever be - although in fairness you'd be hard pushed to say it pretends to be.

They've tried to get a better TV deal but they say mainstream channels won't touch Download due to it being a niche market.

V is giving the punters whats top of the charts and people are buying, I've always wondered why the organisers have such an awful time getting good tv slots etc. No surprise Live Nation have took over V, its getting a fresh lick of paint and a new TV deal before the first fest under their control has even happened yet. Maybe V will stop being the festival that charges the most for the least?

Edited by Zac Quinn

I know many people who have - okay they've not all gone 'to get on TV' but lots and lots of people go to 'look cool and post on Facebook that they're at Reading'. In fact my own sister is falling for that this year, depressingly. When I pulled her up on which Blink 182 song she liked best she said..."oh well we can still get drunk". :(

I don't think MTV taking over from 4Music will change the festival one bit. They both play to the same audience who like the same music, and it's unlikely the sponsors will have much say in the bands booked. They were interested in sponsoring the stage/festival/getting TV rights based on the current audience so it will continue as is.