Kendal improvements

Guest Flaminglippy

Lets be honest...if we're posting on here we realise how 'kin great Kendal is...but...that said...nothings perfect. So, if I could suggest one thing to make it even more perfect...it would be a proper indie disco when the bands finish every night. Me, Tal and Ramragon spent ages looking for a decent tune on the Sunday night to no avail and ended up going back to our tents (or caravan in Ram's case). Phenomenal weekend but end it with an indie disco and job done!

Sounds like a plan Lip. What`s not to like about a good Indie disco. What would be your 3 must have tunes to draw the crowds in ?

Remember you will be directly up against DJ Lochman spinning the old skool late into the night. Plus..........I hear it`s a strong rumour that our very own Flashweiser is launching a Bierkeller tent with live oompah band. It`s going to be the clash of the century what with the return of Craig Charles this year ( new CD out in a couple of weeks ). Won`t matter a jot whats on the main stages with all this going on after hours.

Edited by comfortablynumb1910

Sounds like a plan Lip. What`s not to like about a good Indie disco. What would be your 3 must have tunes to draw the crowds in ?

Remember you will be directly up against DJ Lochman spinning the old skool late into the night. Plus..........I hear it`s a strong rumour that our very own Flashweiser is launching a Bierkeller tent with live oompah band. It`s going to be the clash of the century what with the return of Craig Charles this year ( new CD out in a couple of weeks ). Won`t matter a jot whats on the main stages with all this going on after hours.

Dj lochman is all you need .

Plus ban kids.

Limit the amount of mancs that can attend .

Ban that horrible comedy band , I'm not saying their name you know who though.

Ohh and at least one headliner from this decade !

Can't see any of the happening so in the words of Duncan banatyne " I'm out "

• 4 weeks later...

Lets be honest...if we're posting on here we realise how 'kin great Kendal is...but...that said...nothings perfect.So, if I could suggest one thing to make it even more perfect...it would be a proper indie disco when the bands finish every night. Me, Tal and Ramragon spent ages looking for a decent tune on the Sunday night to no avail and ended up going back to our tents (or caravan in Ram's case). Phenomenal weekend but end it with an indie disco and job done!

• 2 weeks later...

Sommat else I'd add to this list. A local record shop flogging cd's of bands that are on. They did it at Truck and it worked really well. Great for the local shop as they flogged loads of cd's, good for the punters (I spent a bloody fortune!) as you could buy straightaway rather than wait til you get home and forget, and even better for the bands (loads of the bands who played at Truck sold out...I went to buy a 'Royal Republic' cd half an hour after their set finished and the stall had none left)

• 3 weeks later...

The biggest improvement would be to have more lights in the campsite and in the central parts of the arena. It's pitch black at night, pretty dodgy on several levels really.

A decent range of music after the main acts finish would be good too, the Baggy Mondays thing in the House Party tent was good but apart from that it all seemed a bit samey.

The biggest improvement would be to have more lights in the campsite and in the central parts of the arena. It's pitch black at night, pretty dodgy on several levels really.

A decent range of music after the main acts finish would be good too, the Baggy Mondays thing in the House Party tent was good but apart from that it all seemed a bit samey.

• 3 weeks later...

Something that I would regard as a wee improvement would be a bit of chat from the KC team on here. The " new official Kendal Calling forum ". Did someone not used to post on here in the past when it was just the one meandering thread ? Especially on occasions where people have asked specific questions like... when are Bell tents etc going on sale and stuff like that. I`m going to buy my ticket before the price goes up at the end of Feb and I didn`t realise thats when the prices went up until someone mentioned it on here.

I accept that we would all just badger them constantly for hints on who was playing but it would be nice to hear from someone on the inside from time to time. Don`t mean this as a major moan but honestly think it would be good news for all with an interest in Kendal Calling.

There was a guy called nadgetadge that occasionally posted on here connected to the festival cnumbty that is correct !

I think they all scared these days though and to be honest the sensible regulars on here keep you well informed and are very knowledgable ! As we all know they big fans of the hotpots an the worried the crew are gonna lynch em !

Problem you got is if they hung around on here to much on the run up they would go crackers answering things like ,what time do gates open on Friday if I have a Thursday entry ticket !

There far to busy booking old fart bands and being creative ! And trying to think how to word the email that's gonna tell all the emperor crew they are on the move this year furthest away on site an no entrance of their own anymore ! Ha ha