• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yellow_Fellow

• Gucci Piggy

• dentalplan

• justanothername

There's no step up headliner there though Silence and although I'm not one for the whole 'R&L trandz' ideology, there has always been a headliner that is a relative step up in recent years hasn't there - Arcade Fire 10', MCR 11', Kasabian 12', Biffy 13' so I'm not sure FR wouldn't continue this and bump up someone new next year so the headliner pool grows larger for the future.

Edited by Babyquack

Is he not struggling to sell out his arena tour? I know Leeds still has a lot of seats left and you can still grab standing tickets too... At least with someone like TBK (not saying I want them to headline but...) they still sold out an arena tour didn't they?

The Prodigy's a hard one but they cannot be counted as a 'step up' headliner surely seeing as they've headlined Reading before? I know they went down to sub status but they are back on form now. You'd have to disregard their entire early career saying their the step up headliner man

The Prodigy's a hard one but they cannot be counted as a 'step up' headliner surely seeing as they've headlined Reading before? I know they went down to sub status but they are back on form now. You'd have to disregard their entire early career saying their the step up headliner man

The point was more that Kasabian certainly weren't a step up headliner. Neither of them would be really, but in terms of where they're at at the time of the R&L headline slot, The Prodigy would be the least recognisable as a major festival headliner of the two.

The point was more that Kasabian certainly weren't a step up headliner. Neither of them would be really, but in terms of where they're at at the time of the R&L headline slot, The Prodigy would be the least recognisable as a major festival headliner of the two.

I think they're just as recognisable as each other tbh Will. You say they headline the more niche festival like V/T/Glasto but they did Download and Soni - yeah they're both metal/hard rock festivals but V is a pop/little bit of rock festival and T is in a different country tbf and Glasto is well, a whole other story so I'm not sure your argument is as solid as you think. They've done big festivals in recent years, just like Kasabian had done in 2012.

Edited by Babyquack

I think they're just as recognisable as each other tbh Will. You say they headline the more niche festival like V/T/Glasto but the did Download and Soni - yeah they're both metal/hard rock festivals but V is a pop/little bit of rock festival and T is in a different country tbf and Glasto is well, a whole other story so I'm not sure your argument is as solid as you think.

You're complicating it. My point was that Kasabian weren't a step up, and The Prodigy can be argued as one just as much as they can (as in, neither are).

You're complicating it. My point was that Kasabian weren't a step up, and The Prodigy can be argued as one just as much as they can (as in, neither are).

You made it seem like The Prodigy could actually be classed as a step up headliner though, especially when you said they only headline niche festivals right now, when they really can't...

pretty silly argument, that is

Aye, grasping at straws there :P

Edited by Babyquack

Kasabian were a new headliner for R+L. The Prodigy wouldn't be.

Not a "step up" then though, is it? That means we could have AC/DC as the "step up", or Jay-Z, or Daft Punk. All this is really doing is showing that there doesn't have to be a step up headliner.

I do agree that they'd probably rather have one than not, but if there isn't anyone suitable, I doubt they'll lose sleep over not having one.

Not a "step up" then though, is it? That means we could have AC/DC as the "step up", or Jay-Z, or Daft Punk. All this is really doing is showing that there doesn't have to be a step up headliner.

I do agree that they'd probably rather have one than not, but if there isn't anyone suitable, I doubt they'll lose sleep over not having one.

Exactly. Step up headliner isn't a thing. New headliner is... most of the time.

Yeah, that was my point to begin with - that there is normally a new headliner. I don't believe there is a trend or tradition of it but I do feel that FR seem to like doing it and I would always predict there to be one each year but on that note, I wouldn't be overly surprised if there wasn't a new headliner one year.