Innovative ways of smuggling in beer

Guest Mr_Grump

As I'm not staying in Emperors Fields this year, I'm looking for innovative ways of getting beers into the arena passed the 'monkey men' at the main entrance.

As for buying it on site, I've yet to go to a festival when you can get a decent pint of lager (Tuborg at Glasto! wtf)...and can't be doing with 'real ales' (tepid piss).

Any suggestions? (I'm an Al Murray type...beer for the men, fruit based drinks for the ladies...so no, I wont be shoving a bag of wine from a wine box down my pants).

Having never been to Kandal before I have no previous experience with how thorough the stewards are.

The sacrificial can is the most commonly used one but still with some success, on approach to the entrance have an opened can and swig freely from it. The steward tells you to bin it which you politely do, steward assumes that's you and waves you through.

Not 100% foolproof I know but always worth a recce on what stewards look arsed enough to search.

Personally I only smuggle in spirits, I don't mind paying for a cold beer.

out of interest is it easier to smuggle beer in through the emperors field entrance?

The emperors field was painless to smuggle cans in last year, the lad I was with smuggled 6 cans in by putting a can in each of his cargo shorts pockets, 2 in his hoodie pocket and then tying the hoodie round his waist.

Ingenious !

Unless you were carrying a can the emperors security werent fussed. Think general camping was a lot worse.

Get lippy to smuggle it in for ya mick !

I dont think there is a specific disabled campsite, we expected to camp there in 2011 and none of the stewards knew anything about it, nothing last year either.

If someone can correct me I'll be quite happy though !

If youve got emperors tickets you can camp next to the arena enterance easy enough anyway, taking about maybes 50 metres. It aint that far

as far as smuggling in general is concerned, just leave it out for the first day, so you can scope it out. we went in 2009, and on the friday morning 4 of us walked in dressed like a mix between Hunter S. Thompson and Captain Jack Sparrow... pulled straight away. 3 of us got lifted for having a little bit smoke on them. the coppers / security were sound to be fair, they knew we werent villains, they said they had a certain quota and like to look serious on the first day to deter people, then get a bit more lax as the weekend went on. by the sunday we were taking all sorts in again, even chatting to the coppers on the way through as they thought we wouldnt be so stupid to carry anything in again. we were, and it was fine. they werent searching anyone

No I must confess I did in the end needed to goto cash machine but was enjoying James , so I took a couple off him .......... Then when I did decide to go an get some money ........... I got chucked out !

You were drinking strongbow ramgangnam ............ I didn't know they sold it at the bar !

You can do the same with watermelons as well, cut a small hole in the top, stick a funnel into it and fill the funnel with vodka, the watermelon will absorb the vodka (takes a bit of time), then repeat until the fruit stops absorbing the vodka. Then chill, slice and serve !

Great for a party, bit bit to cart a watermelon round a festival