Nick Cave

Midnight Man

'

Congratulations on being selected from the ballot.

You now have the opportunity to purchase up to two tickets for the special Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds show at London's KOKO on November 3rd.

The band’s ticket store is now open to you.

Please go to the ticket store and enter your e-mail address and your unique password: ...

In order to take advantage of this opportunity you must purchase your tickets by FRIDAY OCTOBER 18TH AT MIDDAY (BST)

All purchases need to be made by this specified end date & time. After that date you forfeit your right to buy a ticket(s).

Price £40 + 10% booking fee

Over 16s only. Proof of ID will need to be shown at the venue.

Well done! No way was I going to put myself in this ballot; I booked London and Manchester ages ago without realising that it was half term, and my wife then wanted us to go away for the week without the kids (their dad gets them). Awkward moment lol. The compromise is I sold my Manchester ticket and am taking my nephew to London, as Mrs Carlosj would rather have her teeth pulled than see Nick, and then we fly to Amsterdam on the Sunday night. Winning a ballot would not go down well. Under the thumb, ish or no, just balancing that gig against my other gigs each month and Glastonbury 2014, Enjoy it :-)

Edited by carlosj

All this moaning! Some of us were too stupid to even read the bloody emails telling us to enter the ballot and only realised what we didn't enter by reading this chuffing thread. I'm really not going to miss this stupid, sodding week! It's not often I listen to "I Know It's Over" these days but it's been on near constant rotation since Sunday. Mythical Cloud Fairy, I'm miserable.

All this moaning! Some of us were too stupid to even read the bloody emails telling us to enter the ballot and only realised what we didn't enter by reading this chuffing thread. I'm really not going to miss this stupid, sodding week! It's not often I listen to "I Know It's Over" these days but it's been on near constant rotation since Sunday. Mythical Cloud Fairy, I'm miserable.

I hear you man. Just don't listen to 'Asleep', whatever you do. That's a code red situation.

Still, Friday tomorrow!

Anyone else heard owt? Every time my PC says I have a new email, I get excited, only to find it's more recommendations from play and amazon! :banghead:

Same! I'm not giving up the ghost until at least 5pm today. Then I'm going to home, drink a bottle of wine and sob.

Although today I realised that it could still be possible to tout my way in. Bit more complicated due to the conditions of entry but entirely possible.

True but reckon they'll be extortionate for something like this

Possibly. On the other hand, leftover tickets are only likely to be for people that pull out at the last minute (oo-er missus) given that you have to actually enter the venue with the named winner. So an honest fan might sell it on at face value. I would!

Expect me to be standing outside the venue with a hand-made sign and a pleading expression.

I saw a teenage lad walking past the queues to get into Live 8 with a board that said, "I have no money, but I would do Anything for a ticket." I thought, "bloody hell, Mariah Carey and Ms Dynamite are playing, that's a bit much."

You're on a slippery slope.

Yeah, I know. I blame T-day. It's sent my moral compass and sense of perspective off whack.

Have you got the B-sides and rarities album yet Scruffy? Make that next on your list. The song Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Revertenum contains the most heartbreaking violin solo I have ever heard in my entire life. It's soul-destroying but in the very best way. I've never been able to listen to that song without closing my eyes for that section.

Have you got the B-sides and rarities album yet Scruffy? Make that next on your list. The song Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Revertenum contains the most heartbreaking violin solo I have ever heard in my entire life. It's soul-destroying but in the very best way. I've never been able to listen to that song without closing my eyes for that section.

Have you got any Dirty Three albums? Ellis's side project? If not, you'd like it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Whatever-You-Love-Are/dp/B00004NJNW/ref=pd_bxgy_m_h__text_y

Have you got any Dirty Three albums? Ellis's side project? If not, you'd like it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Whatever-You-Love-Are/dp/B00004NJNW/ref=pd_bxgy_m_h__text_y

Yes I do have some of their stuff. Ocean Songs and I think Whatever You Love You Are too. I'm rubbish at getting round to buying stuff too though!

It is beautiful. But it's even better with Mr Cave's lyrics on top.

I do need to get into Neil Young. Was thinking that just this morning when they played him on the radio. Missed him at Glastonbury but kind of regret that now.

R kid (she has issues with crowds) stood with us in the middle of it all for about half an hour, then just went I need to get out - I don't know that much by him, I'm off to see Doves. To be fair she sad they were really good, but she'll never know what a mistake she made

But honestly mate, he walked out looking like the Grinch, and crunched straight into the intro to Hey Hey My My and the ground shook - I'm surprised you didn't feel it at JP tent. I thought he can't follow that or keep it up for a couple of hours. How wrong was I? By the time he'd broke all his strings playing Day in the Life and chucked his wife's xylophone mallets at it, I was awestruck. My soul felt like it had been ripped out, stamped on, hung out to dry and then put back in.

Yeah, it was alright.

lovely stuff.

I dunno why I didnt go to neil young really, I think I was expecting a bob dylan self indulgent type set so swerved it. Doves were really good, but that neil young was a once in a lifetime thing which I now bitterly regret missing. I'm usually pretty good at being at the so-called legendary glastonbury gigs but this was the one that got away.....

I guess I sort of know how all those twits who went to chic this year feel......... :sarcastic:

Or those twits (like me) for whom Glastonbury wasn't even on their radar in 2000. At least I suppose I don't have to live with having made the wrong choice. (Well apart from the Sunday of the same year as Shakey. First half of Prodigy, followed by back end of Echo and the Bunnymen). I was convinced Blur would be going through the motions (and I don't really know why I thought this).

You missed Blur?!