My little brother called me from in front of the pyramid stage last night

Guest Messy

He doesn't have a ticket, and isn't working, but "knows some of the security" and managed to get on site. Says he reckons he'll be able to "buy a wristband" for cheap and be inside for the festival.

I'm a touch annoyed, as I've paid £200, but it would be good to see him there. Is he talking out of his arse, or does this sort of thing happen?

He doesn't have a ticket, and isn't working, but "knows some of the security" and managed to get on site. Says he reckons he'll be able to "buy a wristband" for cheap and be inside for the festival.

I'm a touch annoyed, as I've paid £200, but it would be good to see him there. Is he talking out of his arse, or does this sort of thing happen?

Yea I know people who have done this in the past, you have I travel light and you have to be friendly. And have something to trade for your wristband, after doing it one year ad staying behind to help the clean up my friend met enough people that he didn't come back home for 6 monts and now has a regular working slot ad lots of uk festies

He won't be getting something fr nothing, he given up a week of his life before the festival just to get in. thats dedication and he deserves to be there! He will probably meet people and end up helping, that's how it works . He's not going to be able to hide in a bush for a week! He's going to have to offer help to make friends and hopefully bag himself a band of a nice person inside

He won't be getting something fr nothing, he given up a week of his life before the festival just to get in. thats dedication and he deserves to be there! He will probably meet people and end up helping, that's how it works . He's not going to be able to hide in a bush for a week! He's going to have to offer help to make friends and hopefully bag himself a band of a nice person inside

No, youre right. I agree. If everyone did it, it would be dreadful. But obviously systems would be put in place to stop it happening in the future. But it is wrong. It is, ultimately, theft. However... It's his brother! It's almost like he's sharing the story in the hope that security might get the dogs out!

Michael Eavis himself was quoted saying he wished more people would hop the fence.

Lots of people do find other ways than tickets. I myself have never bought an official ticket. The first year I came I bought a band ticket from my mate for £50. I've worked many years and even the couple I've blagged my way in once there I've found useful things to get on with. The paying punters are only a part of the rich tapestry that is Glasto.