Drinking from glass bottles while queuing to get in

Guest Clavier

Evening all, first post!

I've not seen this anywhere else. Basically I have a few rather nice glass bottles of ale hanging around that I was thinking of taking to Glastonbury.

Bearing in mind I'm planning to arrive early on Wednesday I'm looking at at least a few hours in the queue minimum. Do you know whether it would be okay to drink a few bottles in the queue and dispose of the glass once I get to the front? I'm not planning on taking glass into the site itself and obviously if there's no bins to dispose of it properly as you go in, then I won't take them.

I just like the idea of beginning my festival drinking in comparative luxury before I trade down to warm cans of lager around the tents!

Cheers

Not really on I don't think, it's still fields and still has the risk of glass being broken, maybe not intentionally -who'd wastye nice ale! Decant, or save it for the night you get back

I was thinking this myself. Got a bottle of Champagne there that needs drinking, I was thinking of taking it to drink in the queue!

Surely as long as you pour it into a plastic cup and then find a bin for the bottle quickly the stewards wont give you any grief.

Evening all, first post!

I've not seen this anywhere else. Basically I have a few rather nice glass bottles of ale hanging around that I was thinking of taking to Glastonbury.

Bearing in mind I'm planning to arrive early on Wednesday I'm looking at at least a few hours in the queue minimum. Do you know whether it would be okay to drink a few bottles in the queue and dispose of the glass once I get to the front? I'm not planning on taking glass into the site itself and obviously if there's no bins to dispose of it properly as you go in, then I won't take them.

I just like the idea of beginning my festival drinking in comparative luxury before I trade down to warm cans of lager around the tents!

Cheers

Haven't been as a punter but I imagine there will be bins at the entry point for glass that gets confiscated so I reckon you'll be ok. As you said, you'll be disposing of it responsibly so I don't think you'll have any bother. The most you'll get is probably being asked to decant if a steward sees you with glass.

If you try to hand in your glass when you get to the front of the queue, you may highlight yourself to the stewards as somebody whose bag need searching. This could be disasterous if you were carrying anything else you shouldn't be carrying, and will, at the least, be an unecessary waste of time. Just a thought.

Edited by Clavier

well said Ian the Worm. I know it says .... but can I .... jeeez what is it with these people. PS from what i have seen they dont ask you to decant anything - they just confiscate it.

Edited by artl

Chill Ian, If I take the champagne I'll be decanting into plastic cups in a discrete manner and putting bottle straight in the bin.

How much of a twat would I look stood there drinking it out of the bottle!

Edited by crow