Shoes!? Clueless noob.

Guest carlhunt3r

Argh!! I am a bit clueless to what to put on my feet for the festivities ahead.

In previous years, I've attended Leeds Festival, and generally lived in wellies. However, Glastonbury is NOTICEABLY LARGER than Leeds, so was thinking wellies might not cut it with the additional mileage and that.

I've searched the forum and the consensus is hiking boots, but the £££ suggested is a bit of my price packet. I'd be looking at something cheap and cheerful... my wellies only set me back a tenner man :drinks:

What do you recommend?

wont need wellies but take them anyway go to say sports direct and get a decent pair of korrimors or similar and def get your self some army boots from a army surplus shop .....just my thoughts old son and why call your self a noob old son clueless yea but your not a noob ..................................or are you lol

Ah, you won't need wellies. It's not going to rain. ;)

Seriously though, don't shell out on expensive hikers now - you'll never break a new pair of boots in in two weeks. How about some comfy foam insoles for the wellies, and some nice new wool hiking socks to prevent welly rub?

Most important thing is that whatever you take is comfy and well worn in. You will be walking a long way ;). Plus bear in mind the festival site is usually a working farm so, depending where you walk, it can be rather rough under foot in places (which is why you see talk of walking boots in here).

tip - if you do get some ex army boots then the best thing you can do to soften them up is

• fill them with boiling water,
  • leave for 10 minutes or so
  • empty
  • knock shit out of them with a hammer for ten more minutes

<p>

tip - if you do get some ex army boots then the best thing you can do to soften them up is

• fill them with boiling water,
  • leave for 10 minutes or so
  • empty
  • knock shit out of them with a hammer for ten more minutes

I know people say hiking boots etc, but I personally have worn wellies for rain (which I won't need this year!!) and some lace up ankle boots, also some sandals....the latter has been shot down in other forums but I wore flip flops for the entire time in 2010...Had a risky moment at a naughty corner long drop but with regards to foot pain, I was fine and dandy :) !!

Just bought myself some Regatta walking boots from eBay for a tenner. The thought of traversing glasto in my wellies is making my eyes water. They're always there for a back up, but Leeds festival last year (pretty much dry all weekend) was hell on the feet.

I take 3 , wearing hiking ankle length boots which i wear if dry but not sunny. carrying. Steel toe capped builders boots for mud (I don't get on with wellies as they get sucked off your feet in deep stuff), also carrying closed toe sandal , ultra comfy and highly recommended to help feet breathe in the sun